Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMartian Racer

stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
edited October 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys, I'm taking a break from my Trek ship for a bit and am messing around with my usual retro style stuff. My friend on Deviant art has started a Martian race challenge so I have started my contribution, as usual its all curves, but I am also trying to add more detail to the skin so I tried a more organic feel to it, kinda looks ok to me loll :)
109453.jpg
Post edited by stoli on
Tagged:

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Very cool. It's sorta got a Cylon look to it.
  • BigDBigD0 Posts: 0Member
    stoli wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm taking a break from my Trek ship for a bit and am messing around with my usual retro style stuff. My friend on Deviant art has started a Martian race challenge so I have started my contribution, as usual its all curves, but I am also trying to add more detail to the skin so I tried a more organic feel to it, kinda looks ok to me loll :)
    She looks great, What is her specs?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it. It kind of looks like a retro Cylon raider (new BSG style.) I really like the way you did the ship's skin, the material is great.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting, like the carbon fibre look you've got going on for the main body material. Is this view of the back or front? Looks more like the back to me, but as people have been saying if this is the front it does look a bit like a a Cylon Raider.
  • stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Hey guys, its definitely a front view, a lot of organic styling. I always tend to go for the shiny paint and may still do a version of this but I am trying out new ideas on skins, trying to better my skills as it were. No relation to BSG for influence but I loved the series :), no specs on her yet BigD but she is supposed to be a racer for Mars about 150 years from now, I guess I better do some actual research loll, antigrav at a rudimentary level with some honest to god thrust from known science might be the way.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Very slick
  • stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Hey folks, haven't had much time to model lately due to work commitments but did find some time over the weekend to make some more progress with my racer, so here tis for now :)
    109605.jpg109606.jpg109607.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Very nice. The details look great and I love that red and chrome look.