Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWIP - Railgun Turret

KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2015 in Work in Progress #1
After making starships for so long, and making rather pathetic looking turrets in the process, I decided to go back to some of my older turrets and redo them from the start. This particular one is a railgun turret, I tossed out my old one and rebuilt it.
109405.jpg
109406.jpg
109407.png
Post edited by Kalshion on
Tagged:

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm... Generally speaking, I prefer turrets looking more flat, like most turrets on elder warships and such naval beasties.....

Specifically speaking, I like the rails and the red thingy on the side (I presume it's something to do with the vertical rotation of the barrels?).
  • KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
    Yea I do agree with you about the flat looking turrets, I tend to do those for bigger turrets (like large cannon turrets) though when it comes to things like an anti-fighter turret or something of a small nature I lean more toward the dome based turrets. Of course I am done with this and may make changes to its overall appearance.

And yes it'll be for the rotation of the guns, though I dunno if the coloration is proper for that.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it so far. The shape makes sense for a space ship, as it has to fire in all directions.