Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRalph McQuarrie tribute - Star Destroyers

LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2015 in Finished Work #1
Hello,
watched the documentary on SW.com about Ralph, then saw one of his concepts for movie, Hoth in the background and ISD's. I tried to recreate it as much as I could, without compromising quality of image, models...that's why the composition and color is a bit different. I wanted it to by dry as the original, but it just didn't work. So in the end I tried to make it as am movie screenshot. As much as you try, you cannot recreate the greatness of his art, it's just there for us to be inspired. Hope you like it!

Original and mine:
109359.jpg
109360.jpg
Post edited by Latos on
JES
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Those both look really good. Trying to emulate Ralph's work is definitely no easy thing because his work so so fantastic. It's also a great source of inspiration. :)
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I'd say you did a fantastic job of capturing the "feel" of the original and adding a great film twist to it.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    I think the colours could use some very slight adjustment- there's a little too much warmth in the hull of the Star Destroyer, and a little too much blue in the engine exhaust colour, but other than that it's faithful to the "feel" of the concept artwork. I especially like the treatment of the light being reflected from the planet and how it's interacting with the Star Destroyers.
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you for comments! Yeah I see where the color adjustment is needed, I fully agree. I quite like this picture, I'm adjusting it, I'll make a print, put it on the wall somewhere. And I'll put an update here, thanks!
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Looking forward to seeing the update! :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Great picture!