Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDisneyland TWA Moonliner

wasp88wasp88332 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2015 in Finished Work #1
Here is a mesh of the iconic Disneyland TWA Moonliner created in C4D. I saw an old Strombecker store display of the assembled kit and decided to model that in 3D.

moonliner-model-display_WS-1.jpg

I created the Moonliner using a cylinder and several deformers. The background was created in Illustrator. The base of the standing model is from an image of an antique star chart I found on the Web, so no attribution there.

moonliner-model-display_CU-1.jpg

The close-up of the Moonliner is with the landing struts retracted. The mesh for its base is actual Lunar Recon Orbiter data from the Moon. You can download the data file from their Web site.

moonliner-model-display_CU-2.jpg

This took a few days to complete and was a lot of fun to model.

moonliner-model-display_CU-3.jpg

moonliner-model-display_WS-2(a).jpg
109287.jpg
109288.jpg
109289.jpg
109290.jpg
109291.jpg
Post edited by wasp88 on
JES

• bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    That's wonderful! Very creative and nostalgic on many levels. Never saw the original in person but plenty of pictures and youve really nailed it, as well as the display for the kit. Any chance for the Disneyworld Star Jets?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's really cool. I especially like how you kept the model kit look with the display art and everything. :)
  • wasp88wasp88332 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you for the compliments. I see what appears to be a couple different versions of the Star Jets. The central ship looks straight out of Japanese sci fi. I may try this when I've completed the Jupiter 2. :)