Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D"Send the droid!"

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2015 in Finished Work #1
Almost feel dirty, this is both a cheap one (its C3PO in a different skin - so he is now TC-14) and its my first prequel based piece of art... :P
109006.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
TC14.jpg 281.2K
JES
Tagged:

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    And well so you should.

:p
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Oooh, chrome. It looks great. :thumb:

I don't get all of the prequel hate. Were the films really that bad? I mean, they weren't touching the original trilogy as far as coolness, but they're still cooler than a lot of other films. Besides, I highly doubt that any of the hate is TC-14's fault. :p
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    :lol: Talon matey, it felt wrong, if I am honest, it did ;) but do like the colours in these scenes in PM.

@evil - I haven't watched any of the prequels in long time; and out of the 3, PM was my favourite (and I use that term loosely). But I put that more towards a nostalgia thing of the memories and hope and excitement of the time.

And yes, they really were that bad (infantile dialogue, lazy direction, poor character development, and do not get me started on the explanation of the Force...). A total missed opportunity, but at least they sold a **** ton of toys.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Another great image Wiz.

And have to agree about the prequels sucking the big one. It almost felt like the thinking was, "This is Star Wars. They will eat up any old crap we put out there. It's just money in the bank." Jar-Jar was a joke-joke. Young Anny was just recently busted for DUI, sad. Hayden Christian couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Although Natalie Portman is an excellent actor, she didn't bring her 'A' game to episode 2 and 3. The whole 'force' description was a huge mistake. You had to be born into the force instead of an ordinary Joe training hard and learning to work with the force.

I am cautiously optimistic about episode 7 that will be out in a little while. Can't be worse than the first three.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    I appreciate it for expanding the universe and giving us a broader canvas to explore, and could see what they were trying to do, but the execution was poor, borne out by the fact that the Clone Wars animated series was so good working with largely the same sort of material.
    I'll agree about Hayden Christensen. His angry face looks like he's about to cry.

I think the prequels are fun, but it's differences like these that make this world a great place. (as opposed to the differences lead to hate and wars that people really need to just get over) Though, one thing I don't particularly care for that started with the prequels is the Jedi Order having monk-like rules about marriage and family. I feel that didn't do anything good for the franchise.

I remember waiting in line to see The Phantom Menace. Good times. Plus, that year, I dressed up as Darth Maul at work for Halloween. :D I wish they'd had him in another film or two, Qui-Gon Jinn too.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Nice job wiz, and ill agree that the basic story was ok, but the execution, dialog and acting were awful. Someone on the Interwebz(TM) recut the prequel trilogy into a 3 hour movie (phantom edit i think?) and it was still awful. I stopped about halfway through yet-another-Hayden-Christenson-Temper-Tantrum.
    Thanks homer :) and I have had a quick look at the recut but no way I could get through it either, especially anything from AOTC...

But hey, EPVII is our new hope ;) so here's hoping! :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Maybe Disney will do us all a favor and reboot the PT? :) and more droids please.
    More droids coming :) but in the meantime I am just moving the camera around to see how 3PO holds up :)
    109011.jpg
    3po.jpg 180.7K
    The texture gets a little wonky that close up, but not bad at all. Though, it almost looks like that's intentional, since 3PO is usually pretty beat up anyway. ;)