Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationNimoy Tribute

GestaltGestalt187 Posts: 166Member
edited May 2015 in Finished Work #1
On July 15, 2014 I decided to resume my old hobby of 3D modeling. I had pursued 3D many years before but I had fallen out of practice. I have long been intrigued by the Blender 3D software suite so I embarked on my first project.

Learning Blender has been an unspeakably challenging project. It's power is evident but the interface is both subtle and complex.

It is obvious by my choice of subject that Star Trek is something meaningful to me. Some of my earliest memories are of watching the original series as reruns. The vision of a distant future filled with exotic creatures, alien worlds and technological wonders have fueled the imaginations of millions since the first series aired.

It's impossible to count the number of lives who's courses were steered by the many incarnations of Star Trek. Countless doctors, engineers, and scientists credit the adventures of the Enterprise crew for inspiring them to pursue their life's vocation.

Working evenings, weekends, and holidays, I've spent hundreds of hours on this project. As the model started taking shape, I began wondering how best to unveil the production.

On February 27, 2015 I realized what needed to be done.
108770.png
Post edited by Gestalt on
0001.png 124.8K
JES
Tagged:

• StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Well done, well done!
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Your hard work paid off. Beautiful job on the video. :thumb:
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Very nice. :)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice tribute. :)

And, of course, I love the model. It looks fantastic animated.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nicely done. That was a great tribute.