Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DThe Bucket - VTOL transport concept images

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, I immediately thought it looks a bit dangerous to have all of that exposed. But, it's still cool.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    So, now added the top part of the hull connecting the wings/engines/whatyamacallits. Also a front hatch, which owes a despicable amount to Binkerman's Quinjet model, of course. And finally experimenting with a prototype procedural texture that uses a weight map to chip the paint away at the edges - which I think gives it something of a Warhammer 40K dry-brushed feel.

bucket_render_25_by_armondikov-d8udk4z.png
    bucket_render_24_by_armondikov-d8udk5w.png
    bucket_render_26_by_armondikov-d8udk3q.png
    It definitely looks used. :) It's looking great.
    Would adding contra-rotating propellers be too much?

bucket_render_27_by_armondikov-d8ufys0.png
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool, loving how this is developing, nice detailing.

:thumb:
    Changing track briefly to try out some cockpit chairs. Found some really cool reference images to steal.

cockpit_render_3_by_armondikov-d8w4gnx.png
    cockpit_render_4_by_armondikov-d8w4kx0.png
    Those look really nice, but what's the purpose of the combat webbing coming off of the sides of the back rests?
    In all honesty, I have no idea. They're just there on one of the source images I'm looking at, and it looks kinda cool.
    Ah, gotcha. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's a safety net in case of crashes. Your head hitting that would be preferable to metal.
    Yep. And I imagine this thing would crash frequently.

This gives the whole thing a little bit of scale. It probably needs the chairs to be further down or smaller again, though, in order to fit actual people and not exclusively hobbits inside it.

cockpit_render_7_by_armondikov-d8wdoxy.png
    cockpit_render_9_by_armondikov-d8wdowp.png
    cockpit_render_8_by_armondikov-d8wdoxb.png
    Looking fantastic. I love all the details. :thumb:
  • David LindsayDavid Lindsay1 Posts: 0Member
    The cockpit details look lovely. That webbing is nicely modeled, really looks like fabric with a bit of weight thats hanging there.
    Now you mention fabric, what I should have done is done it properly with a clothFX simulator.
    Now I have most of an interior I've tried out a cylindrical map. Anyone aware of a good JavaScript or Flash thingy to convert it to an interactive panorama?

cockpit_render_11_by_armondikov-d8wrm40.jpg
    Looks pretty cool already.

:thumb:
    Dude, that's slick as hell. I wish I knew of something to convert it to a panorama, because I'd love to see that.
    I'll render out something bigger and look for something more permanent, but in the meantime if you don't mind a little manual work you can save that image and upload it here, you just need to hit "yes" for the "is it spherical?" question and it works pretty well: http://www.dermandar.com/share/
    In fact, saves time, put up a throwaway account and uploaded it: http://www.dermandar.com/user/spamondikov/
  • stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Love this detail !!!
    Armondikov wrote: »
    In fact, saves time, put up a throwaway account and uploaded it: http://www.dermandar.com/user/spamondikov/

That is majorly cool. :thumb:
    Do I qualify for the Insane Detail Club, yet? It was a pretty prestigious group back in the day. If not, I will go back and bevel those switches and dials.

Also, I should probably ping Binkerman to tell him to do that panorama thing with his Quinjet interior. That would be ace.
    I know for sure you're in the Insanely Good Detail Club. That's always a nice club to be in. :)
    Okay, doubled-up the resolution and re-uploaded with a few minor tweaks. http://www.dermandar.com/p/cbKwgf
    Last one for now, really. For reals. Literally. No more until I do some actual real modelling again. Honest, http://www.dermandar.com/p/dqoMDM
    Nice, loving the higher rez cockpit shot, lovely details in there.
    Details-wise, it's all just creative copy-and-pasting.
    A little bit more geometry. Well, I'm having fun with this toy, I'm sure it'll pass and I'll move onto something else soon. www.dermandar.com/p/boLeQu

I also really, really, really need to locate my old hard drives and get this model back, since it's effectively in the same OU as this vehicle, and I fancy a decent background for it that I've already made (because lazy): http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?78509-The-Wall
  • David LindsayDavid Lindsay1 Posts: 0Member
    I thought it looked cool then I spotted all the over head switches and wires. Looks great!
    I blatantly need to up my samples if I'm going to mess around with motion blur, but here's a quick-ish exterior of where I'm now up to. Cockpit pretty much done for what it's worth, and landing gear now about 40% the way there to being animated and rigged properly.

bucket_render_30_by_armondikov-d8yakx6.jpg
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    This is so freaking cool Armondikov. :thumb: