Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFederation Concept

YggYgg0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Hallo :)
just another quick concept, i tried myself on something tos like, cant quite tell if this is viable, working title edsel-class :D

13.jpg
12.jpg
108453.jpg
108454.jpg
Post edited by Ygg on
12.jpg 290.3K
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804616 Posts: 11,188Member
    The nacelles are a bit puny for my taste. However, I like the shape of those and the secondary hull.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann698 Posts: 1,343Member
    Not a fan of bifurcated necks, but I'm digging the shape of the drive section... I can see why you would want to emphasize it.

The straightness of the necks do seem to "slow" the flow of the ship a little though, they're not as sweeping as the rest of the design, at least to me.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    as it happens the inspiration for the shape of the Refit Enterprise warp engines was the Ford Edsel...
  • YggYgg0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the feedback, completely right, adjusted the nacelles and gave it faster neck

15.jpg
    17.jpg
    as it happens the inspiration for the shape of the Refit Enterprise warp engines was the Ford Edsel...
    you mean the abrams one? yeah looks like it
    108457.jpg108458.jpg
    15.jpg 161.4K
    17.jpg 113.8K
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    The refit is the one that first appears in the Motion Picture and is in the first six movies. :)

Interesting concept and the dual neck "idea" fits it well, but they seem too spindly and weak. Perhaps lengthening them along the Y-axis would alleviate that.

Also, might I suggest that when you name your threads you change it up a little? This one is the first WIP thread of yours that isn't titled "Trek Concept Ship." :p
    This is a 1958 Ford Edsel (see attached.) If that doesn't remind you of the TMP Enterprise, there's something wrong with you. :p

I definitely like it with the beefed up nacelles. I agree with Schimpfy on the "neck," the two parts are really thin looking. Remember, that thing has to be hull plated and important systems have to pass through it, including a turbolift.
    108459.jpg
    thanks, i also found the holders too slim, have to fix that somehow

oki, i see a bit of the edsel in the refit :), anyhoo what a car that was, cant believe ppl thought its ugly
    Ygg wrote: »
    oki, i see a bit of the edsel in the refit :), anyhoo what a car that was, cant believe ppl thought its ugly

Eh, it's a Ford so I automatically find it ugly. :flippy: Hehe.

Yeah, I think it's pretty sweet too. But then, we're also looking at it 57 years later. Tastes were different back then.
    oh and true for the thread titles, but they are technically correct ^^

edselsior refit :D
    edsel5.jpg
    edsel4.jpg
    just for the lulz, but it is a nice shape that grill
    108462.jpg108463.jpg108464.jpg108465.jpg
    Even though it's for fun you should keep that setup. Looks nice. :)
    hmm yeah you are right, not necessarily the nacelles but the grill, i think ill have some hybrid of the two layouts
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    you mean the abrams one? yeah looks like it

No, tghe 1979 refit design. The nacelles of the JJPrise look more like a mid 50's Buick.
    No, tghe 1979 refit design. The nacelles of the JJPrise look more like a mid 50's Buick.
    yeah thats well observed, i thought u ment the open gaze of the buzzards but the whole style is more buick indeed

beefier holders, adjusted toilet seat ^^
    edsel6.jpg
    edsel7.jpg
    108469.jpg108470.jpg