Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationNEWVERSE: Hyperlight Transit Sequence (FTL travel visualized)

authormoreauauthormoreau2 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2015 in Finished Work #1
Made this a while back with a "dummy" ship that rendered quickly so I could illustrate how FTL travel works in my universe. Notice the light breaking into a spectrum as the ship gets ready to enter HyperLight.

[video=vimeo;80626506]
Post edited by authormoreau on
JES
Tagged:

• authormoreauauthormoreau2 Posts: 0Member
    85 views, anybody like it?
  • rojrenrojren2339 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,980Member
    Yeah, you get that around here. It's dispiriting.

I like it fine. I like the movement of the ship in the corridor. The destination star is flared, but the origin point star isn't. Is there a reason for that?
  • authormoreauauthormoreau2 Posts: 0Member
    yeah, mostly just illustrating that it was travelling between two different types of stars. one smaller and less bright, the other larger and more intense.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    Pretty fantastic.

from one noob. it's got space and animation and fx, that's what I like. :D

...and it is because people are very used to these animations and 3d-2d, it is not easy to impress , unless you have a lot of friends
    who don't know a thing bout any of it...hehehehe
  • SuddenFrostSuddenFrost171 Posts: 0Member
    The Finished Work forum doesn't seem to get much traffic, anyway. Most people go to the WIP forum.

If you're going to have stars visible outside the corridor (unlike hyperspace in Star Wars), you should probably make the starfield move past the ship in order to convey that it's traveling interstellar distances. I'd also like to see you swing the camera around from the stern of the ship to the fore, so that you can show what the transition between the blueshifted corridor and the redshifted corridor looks like.