Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Done more trek ship

• medjaimedjai9 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you all:thumb:
    Ygg wrote: »
    just amazing, got to be one of the best fleshed out concept ships in existence, love the blue glowy thingies, do they have a proposed purpose?
    Aresius wrote:
    Love the details on the spine, but what are those blue things?

The blue things, I did to be something similar to plasma vents as in the USS Defiant, but I guess which is veeeery blue, so I modified it a bit.
    108489.jpg108490.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804616 Posts: 11,188Member
    I figured they were something like that, or at least something to do with the engines. I like them. They add a lot of visual interest to that area of the spine.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Amazing how much life textures can put into a model. Very clean and great colour choices.
    I figured they were something like that, or at least something to do with the engines. I like them. They add a lot of visual interest to that area of the spine.

I like them too, to be honest I don't understand a lot about technology of star trek universe, however I try to use the references that I find in others ships, but obviously I try use my imagination a lot too:D:D
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Amazing how much life textures can put into a model. Very clean and great colour choices.

Thanks Vortex.
    I was not sure of the color I would use in the main hull, I thought first in a darker color but liked the white color
  • YggYgg0 Posts: 0Member
    The blue things, I did to be something similar to plasma vents as in the USS Defiant, but I guess which is veeeery blue, so I modified it a bit.

ah thats what i thought they, i remembered something similar from the achilles class, i thought they were micro torpedo launchers ^^, prolly the first time they are used on a traditional saucer ship here, you created a standard here i think :thumb:
    Ygg wrote: »
    ah thats what i thought they, i remembered something similar from the achilles class, i thought they were micro torpedo launchers ^^, prolly the first time they are used on a traditional saucer ship here, you created a standard here i think :thumb:

I don't know the Achilles Class, so I searched some pic in the net, and blue things really are very similar
    medjai wrote: »
    to be honest I don't understand a lot about technology of star trek universe

Does anybody? I mean, it's basically a bunch of made up nonsense. Hell, some it even changes depending on which episode or movie you're watching. :lol: Sure, quite a bit of it is based on real science, but with a lot of guesswork as far as what the next logical step would be and the step after that, etc.
  • wibblewibble1268 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 568Member
    ... , but obviously I try use my imagination a lot too:D:D

With that you just proved that you understand the inner workings of Trek-science much better than you thought you do.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Thanks Vortex.
    I was not sure of the color I would use in the main hull, I thought first in a darker color but liked the white color

You're welcome. I'm not a fan of darker coloured starfleet ships. It just doesn't feel "Trek". The Constitution refit, Excelsior and First Contact Ent-E have the best colouring, I think. (Bonus mention for the NX-02, really like the colours on that one as well.)
  • TeddyDaddyTeddyDaddy0 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the way, you do your model :) Just a little question: are those red painted parts (for example at the ends of the phaser beam arrays) just textures or made them with booleans?
    TeddyDaddy wrote: »
    I really like the way, you do your model :) Just a little question: are those red painted parts (for example at the ends of the phaser beam arrays) just textures or made them with booleans?

Thanks Teddy,
    Normally I do it with booleans, only a detail in the object properties disable cast shadows so that it will look as a decal
    Thanks Teddy,
    Normally I do it with booleans, only a detail in the object properties disable cast shadows so that it will look as a decal

Do you have anything in your software that will stencil it into the hull? That puts the shape into the mesh, but it's not raised and there are no worries about shadows or that "3D" look to things that should be flat, like stripes. Just a thought. Lightwave has a tool that does that and it's very handy.
    Do you have anything in your software that will stencil it into the hull? That puts the shape into the mesh, but it's not raised and there are no worries about shadows or that "3D" look to things that should be flat, like stripes. Just a thought. Lightwave has a tool that does that and it's very handy.
    Interesting, I don't know a similar way in 3d max, but maybe there. I believe it would be more easy way.
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    Interesting, I don't know a similar way in 3d max, but maybe there. I believe it would be more easy way.

You can use the ShapeMerge function under Compound Objects, or in the ProBoolean settings you can turn on "Imprint" and it will just slice the edges into your mesh. Very similar to Lightwave's function though I feel Lightwave's works better sometimes.
    japetus wrote: »
    You can use the ShapeMerge function under Compound Objects, or in the ProBoolean settings you can turn on "Imprint" and it will just slice the edges into your mesh. Very similar to Lightwave's function though I feel Lightwave's works better sometimes.

I use this way japetus, ProBoolean and Imprint but sometimes I do not like of the result(many verts), I thought maybe have a more easy way:D
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    I use this way japetus, ProBoolean and Imprint but sometimes I do not like of the result(many verts), I thought maybe have a more easy way:D

Try this script after you boolean, it works great! I use it to clean up the messy verts from booleaning. It removes the middle vertices that always end up not being needed.

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleanbool
    japetus wrote: »
    Try this script after you boolean, it works great! I use it to clean up the messy verts from booleaning. It removes the middle vertices that always end up not being needed.

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleanbool

Thanks Japetus I will try this
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, will give that a shot, that is one of the most annoying traits of using Boolean.
    Hi
    I'm not finished yet, but I'm almost.:)
    108541.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    She's a fine ship.
    Looking awesome. I like the poster-style call off sheet. :)
  • CreativeZollerCreativeZoller61 Posts: 0Member
    Really amazing work! Can I ask you about your materials, how you do this nice glowing, patterned materials?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    looks very good.
    Really amazing work! Can I ask you about your materials, how you do this nice glowing, patterned materials?

The materials do not have nothing of special (pic) what probably helped the scene was the material HDRI applied in the environment map.
    108542.jpg
    Hello mates, I published the U.S.S. Nimoy for download in format 3d max 2013 e FBX, please I'd like which someone do the download and make sure there is no problems with textures missing.
    Enjoy, and I hope you like. Please don't forget the credits in case the use the mesh

textures inclued in the zip file.

3d max 2013 link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!k5skGQLQ!tbMC2YC-Gz924qjS8NV1FKewu24q8UcjHrz-r8oJGWs

FBX link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!R50EBIpa!YnemogfFbqjDISGCRq08zytZEHIzHipQcQCnY4jqCyw
    Very generous of you! Thank you.
  • trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,417Member
    Many thanks for a wonderful mesh. :)
    Has anyone tried the FBX download?
    When I open it the deflector area has a bit of a rats nest going on. Any one else getting this?
    Everything else came through fine!
    mikala wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the FBX download?
    When I open it the deflector area has a bit of a rats nest going on. Any one else getting this?
    Everything else came through fine!

Hi mikala, when I did the FBX file the 3d max appoint two piece with troubles in the deflector, cylinder 085 and ellipse 024, but I don't know which is the problem.

I'm doing a HiRes images of top and botton views for you, soon I send a link