Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

An "open source" need for unique assets.

P4ndaP4nda0 Posts: 0Member
Hey guys. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible (this is literally going to take 20 minutes). I used to frequent these forums as a user called Foehammer back when I was 16 (I believe the design was black and yellow back then) so I thought I'd make a return with a pretty big request.

I'm a huge Freespace fan (I know I can't be the only one here), and Im also an avid gamer in an MMO called Planetside 2. Being the PR Rep/Community Manager that I am for our outfit (guild/clan), I tried my hand at recruitment videos, montages, and just recently found my niche in cinematics. Long story short - I've undertaken a pretty large project yesterday and (naturally) it comes with some technical know-how that I don't possess.

Here's my YT And here's the quality of work I am putting into this project.

Essentialy, I am recreating the "Ancients cut scenes" within Freespace 1 (where the female voices-in as an Ancient, talking about their demise to the Shivans), but with Planetside 2 themes because quite frankly their lore run parallel to each other for quite a lot of it, it's pretty suspicious tbh.

Here's the google doc for the Lead female's (narrator) lines, in case you were interested.

Long story short - I need Planetside 2 space assets that have never been designed and/or modeled before - so I'm really looking forward to possibly talking with someone later today about joining our team and making some waves in an awesome gaming community.

Concepts:
Vanu Magrider
TR Mosquito
A vehicle that was canned post-launch
Looks like a bastard between a Galaxy and a Liberator. Not in-game
I lied! Spaceships over cities!

At the end of the day - there are literally no concept art, no models and no general consensus on what Planetside spaceships would even look like, so I guess if no one is interested at all in this project (which you would be so graciously honored in the video), I would then ask if anyone has any Terran looking assets (space stations, docking yards, fighters/capitals) that I could use for a non-profit video? I do not monetize my youtube account, nor is it possible for me to (I use open source codecs).

Any response is appreciated.

- P4nda