Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Wars - The Force Awakens trailer recreation

EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
edited December 2014 in Finished Work #1
Hello everyone, I'm just continuing my recreations, and today I tried to make a video similar to the new Star Wars trailer. 3d model of Millenium Falcon by Iven Connery (Original Model), Sebastian Hirsch (Mojo) (Textures).
Tie fighter by AL Meerow.
107596.jpg
Post edited by Enterprais on
JES
Tagged:

• Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    :o Amazing!
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Well, at least the rear of that Falcon model looks more correct than the one in the official trailer. ;)

You do great work. As always, I'm impressed. :thumb:
  • GlazyGlazy333 Posts: 0Member
    10818270_751740311547708_247711339361505219_o.jpg

I noticed a repeating texture on the Falcon on the Official Trailer, the panels marked have the same dirt marks on them !! :) That's it, the movies officially ruined for me !! :D
    107614.jpg
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    :D That's strange, they should be really proffecionals in holiwood.
    Thanks!
    And recently I found out that I posted the final composition on youtube with the wrong resolution :( So, I'll post the correct version when I rerender it.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    I can't see a repeating texture here but these days i see them all over the place, and even when large companies hire someone to do a computer graphic visualisation of something for them the images have clearly vivisble repeating textures, often ones that aren't even seamless enough to be tiled once let alone multiple times. Having spent several years doing 3d modelling and rendering I spot mistakes in cgi really quickly, and i also subconciuosly start thinking "how was that done" when i see any computer graphics in a documentary, the mistakes they've made often let me work out how. One remeber seeing was when a documentary showed some cgi footage of aircraft flying through thick fog and cloud, it took me only seconds to realise that the fog had been done just by placing sheet upon sheet of semi-transparent material faces along the aircraft's path, seeing the edge of the plane sweep along the side of the fuselage and the aircraft moving through it like a neutrino through walls gave it away.

"at least the rear of that Falcon model looks more correct"
    One thing to mention here, this film is set how many years after the original trilogy ended? Who knows how the ship might have been altered nad modified between the time of the end of the original trilogy and the time at which this film starts.

Perhaps the owner (would it still be Han solo in this film) has fitted a high powered transmitter, that could have been very helpful in the first film(episode IV). ...The star destroyer approaches from behind the rebel ship, and then the princess just broadcasts the plan in an encrypted archive folder with a pre-agreed password so that her base can read it, or even better, she can just use their public key...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Enterprais wrote: »
    :D That's strange, they should be really proffecionals in holiwood.

That was good for a laugh. :lol:

The thing is, they likely are professionals as I'm 99.9% sure that ILM will be doing the effects, being as Disney go them in the Star Wars/Lucasfilm LTD. acquisition. (plus, they did all of the other films) Though, to be honest, they've been "cheating" since they were founded, I'm sure. Whatever they can get by with, as most people aren't as anal as us, meaning they won't go frame-by-frame looking at this stuff to see what they can find. :lol: