Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarwars - Out of the suns!

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2014 in Finished Work #1
Hi,

Another play around with painting a background and adding a rendered element, this times its Christian Frohlich fantastic Tie Fighter model

Hope you likes!

:)

Wiz.
107404.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• wibblewibble1149 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 517Member
    Nice as always! Actually I wondered the last time why you didn't use his Falcon.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    photoshop lens flare.......

must..... remove......
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks Wibble :)

@IRML - Guilty, and I think possibly the first time I have ever used it in an image ;P
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The background is awesome and the fighter looks great. However, something seems off about it, but I can't quite put my finger on what that is.
    lol, thanks, you are a great help ;)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    We hates it! we hates it precious!!!!!
    (that means its awesome) :D
    IRML wrote: »
    photoshop lens flare.......

must..... remove......
    :lol:
    :P thanks :)
    The background is awesome and the fighter looks great. However, something seems off about it, but I can't quite put my finger on what that is.
    Wiz wrote: »
    lol, thanks, you are a great help ;)

Upon further reflection, I think that was just tiredness talking. It's an excellent image. :)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    @IRML - Guilty, and I think possibly the first time I have ever used it in an image ;P
    don't you mean the last time you'll ever use it? :p

actually it's all about familiarity - that lens flare has been around for over 20 years so everyone recognises it instantly and it takes some realism out of the image because of this, but if you make a few simple tweaks all of a sudden it doesn't look familiar any more and you can get away with it

example:

original

Untitled-1.jpg

hue shift + blur

Untitled-2.jpg

almost like two completely different flares
    107414.jpg107415.jpg
    @evil: No worries mate. I painted it, so something prob is off ;)

@IRML: Cool, thanks mate, will give that a go :)
    IRML wrote: »
    don't you mean the last time you'll ever use it? :p

actually it's all about familiarity - that lens flare has been around for over 20 years so everyone recognises it instantly and it takes some realism out of the image because of this, but if you make a few simple tweaks all of a sudden it doesn't look familiar any more and you can get away with it

example:

original

Untitled-1.jpg

hue shift + blur

Untitled-2.jpg

almost like two completely different flares
    both of them look like the standard photoshop lens flare to me, can be useful but not much difference.
    I used to have a plugin called Light Sparks? can't recall that had a huge assortment of tools and sliders to make different kinds of lens flares. I think it was based on a program written by John Knoll to make the torpedoes in First Contacat.

ETA: Geez, i remember playing around with Photoshop 5.0 back when i was in middle school. I'm getting old.....
    Lens flare to be honest is not something I use a lot, so I hadn't looked into any plugins; but having said that I am on a mission to make better lens flare (well not better, just a less used version ;))

Thanks for all the feedback.... 30 and you are feeling old... Jeez...
    Lens flare to be honest is not something I use a lot, so I hadn't looked into any plugins; but having said that I am on a mission to make better lens flare (well not better, just a less used version ;))

Thanks for all the feedback.... 30 and you are feeling old... Jeez...
    http://www.redgiant.com/products/all/knoll-light-factory/
    Whilst that looks great, I do not know if I can justify a purchase, as like I said I rarely use lens flare,... and I am scared if I did get it every 2nd image would have lens flare in it ;)
    I know what you mean. I hardly use them also, and mine usually wind up looking dumb to me. (which is probably why I hardly use them ;))