Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DStar Wars Fan Art

VektorVektor332 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2014 in Finished Work #1
With Star Wars Episode VII coming out next year, IA’ve recently been contemplating what some of the familiar characters from the original trilogy might look like 30 years on from when we last saw them. There are a couple of leaked concept art pieces of Han Solo floating around out there but they're pretty basic and the image quality isn't great. I need some more character pieces for my portfolio anyway so I thought I'd try my hand at a better one:

Ep7_HanSolo_01.jpg

I based this on photos of Harrison Ford from around the time he injured his leg where he was sporting the beard and mustache, along with the aforementioned concept art pieces for costume reference. Interestingly, the concept art shows Ford without the facial hair, so I decided to do an alternate version on the off-chance that he shaved for the actual filming:

Ep7_HanSolo_02.jpg

If I can find the time, I may do a few more of these for some of the other characters. Still got lots of other projects going on, though, so it will happen when it happens.
107328.jpg
Post edited by Vektor on
Tagged:

• VektorVektor332 Posts: 0Member
    Just fixed some proportional issues with his face and the shape of his mouth in the second beardless image. I think it's now a closer match to Ford.

I also did an alternate version of the bearded image with his lips closed instead of parted and some proportional tweaks similar to the beardless version:

Ep7_HanSolo_01a.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Those look great. I'm personally partial to the bearded look, but that's probably because I have a beard. ;) I like the outfit too, especially the long coat. It gives him a Western gunslinger look.
    I just replaced the first bearded version with the alternate on my Website and a couple of other places where I posted it. The original kept reminding me of those dorky class photos where you wound up smiling like your jaw was wired shut.
    Just did another revision on the beardless version to try to make his facial features more authentic.

Ep7_HanSolo_02a.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    He looks great.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work on this, captured a great look for the character here.

:thumb:
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    You forgot the lense-flare! :runs:
    Fantastic!
  • wibblewibble1149 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 517Member
    Have you seen any lens-flare in the recent teaser? I didn't.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    wibble wrote: »
    Have you seen any lens-flare in the recent teaser? I didn't.
    someone did a lense flare edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPuUiENIuPI :D
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    To continue the sidetrack, I actually agree with some of the comments on the video ... the one lens flare that DID work pretty well was the one they put on the freak-saber. :D