Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationNanosuit walk on the beach

EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
edited October 2014 in Finished Work #1
That's a nanosuit model of Sykes from the Game Crysis:Warhead. I used PFTrack for tracking the camera movement, latest 3dsmax 2015 for editing all this animation stuff and Adobe After Effects CC for compose. Just as usual.
Normandy model by Thorreign, very nice model, highest quality, thank you very much!
Iron man by unknown person, I downloaded this model years ago and can't remember it's origin.
Ebon Hawk vessel model is from the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
Thanks for watching.
106909.jpg
106910.jpg
106911.jpg
106912.jpg
Post edited by Enterprais on
JES

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice composite work. The textures on the nanosuit aren't quite made for that close a look, but that's typical of game textures. Also, the run cycle looks a bit unnatural. Other than those minor issues, it looks really good. I love the dancing Iron Man suits. :)
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    Thanks! Yea, the textures is a big minus, and the model, to be honest, is very low-poly..
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Cool work, and having the shadows cast by the things is a very nice touch, really helps with photorealism. I would criticize the way that the light reflected off (specularity) the nanosuit and i think it's red glow was a bad touch, it also was a bit too close to the camera considering it's poly level. The same issue with specularity, and the lack of colour changes produced by non-white ambient light also hold sin the still images. I am though impressed by the reflections of the nanosuit in the water on the still pictures. Improve the specularity settings, make the lights in the 3d scene positioned and coloured more like the light sources in the real footage and keep the low poly models a little further from camera and thus will be truly brilliant work. The subtle effects you have so far learnt to use (making the shadows, those reflections) show you are clearly quite talented with your animation ability, correcting some of the bigger things would make this great.
    Wow, spacefighter, much thank you for a professional opinion! Btw, I'm doing another project with this nice Nanosuit model
    Interesting blend of Bioware games. ;) Nice wormhole or hyperspace tunnel, or whatever it's supposed to be. (a Mass Effect maybe? ;)) Since the Ebon Hawk and Normandy use different means of faster than light propulsion, it's hard to say. Is the Ebon Hawk supposed to be drifting? I noticed it looks like it's drifting to starboard and the engines aren't turned on.
    Well, this tunnel - I will try to recreate beautiful warp tunnel effect from JJ Abrams movies star trek and into darkness. All engines are online, I just couldn't visualize this effect in this preview. Ebon hawk is making a dangerous manuever and this guy in nanosuit is trying to jump on hawk but fails. There will be some extra frames in final version of the clip.
    Thank you!
    Ah, gotcha. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on. It all makes sense now. It's looking good so far. :)
    Finished this work at last. Two version with different lighting.