Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DThe New Face of the Ferengi

JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2014 in Finished Work #1
Been toying around doing a Trek species redesign set for a while now and finally got around to starting it.

I wanted something a little more bat like with hints of simian and tarsier in it as well.
Still toying with possible hair options though.

Now for the specifics of the species:

Having developed on the rainforest dominated planet of Ferenginar, the Ferengi are a race driven primarily by profit. Anatomically, their ancestors were similar to those of Earth's tarsier, a tree dwelling nocturnal carnivore. Ferengis have average eyesight but only in low-light conditions, their primary sensory input comes from echolocation and smell. Ferengi noses have multiple nostrils which have multiple sets of olfactory receptors, however because of it's specialization it requires additional blood flow to the region in order for all receptors to be active.
106862.jpg
Post edited by JohnnyMuffintop on
JES
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Interesting. The face and eyes give it more of an exotic alien look than they managed on the TV shows. However, the ears are too much for me. They still give it a kind of clownish look, in my opinion.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    The ears are indeed a bit broad. I understand they need to be big, given that they use echolocation. But shouldn't they be going more upwards as well for that purpose?
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I think that looks really cool