Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFerengi battleship: Tork One

2»

• komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Sorry, not much to say. I have a bad headache, gotta rest...Change the lighting type with omni lights to get a more accurate view.

tork24.jpg

tork25.jpg
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    It's coming along, still a little visually confusing design-wise, but maybe it's just the angles of the render. I can't quite tell what the scale is supposed to be yet, but that will come with time I'm guessing. It might also help to have a little bit better lighting, not that blown out area, to show detail, but it's getting better and better.
    The lighting helps also to find missing or bad vertex. The default lighting would not show that. Still have a lot of things to do on it anyway...
    Made the shield emitters, and work more on the back hull

tork26.jpg
    OMG! I found out this morning that all the UVW maps are corrupted. I have to redo them again. They leave a line between all the textures cropping. That will put modelling to a stop.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    You should worry about the textures after your done modelling anyway then you won't run in to probeys like that
    I never had a corruption like that. There so many little pieces in 3d models that I prefer doing the textures from the start. I try to save some time like that. For the moment, the corruption seems to be on larger areas only, so I will manage. But I have 3dmax 2013, since almost 2 years, and it never did this before...weird...I guess I should have followed the rules of acquisitions.
    Update. Change most of the texture, so it include a pattern and a specular color. Did the engines. And done a bit of the decelerating flaps on the side. I had a lot of troubles with the engines, so I did something simple.

tork27.jpg

tork28.jpg

full size:
    http://www.3ddub.net/wp-content/gallery/sketches/tork27.jpg
    http://www.3ddub.net/wp-content/gallery/sketches/tork28.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    It's far to cluttered compared to other ferengi ships
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I agree. And besides, the only known Trek-ship that uses something even close to deceleration-flaps is the Romulan/Reman-Scimitar with it's retro engines. NO Trek-ship uses decel-flaps....
    Ok. I did some changes upon your feedback. Tweek much of the textures and done some hoses, work on the top section. Next is to finish the under parts. Probably gonna take 1-2 weeks before I work on it again.

tork29.jpg

tork30.jpg

tork31.jpg
    You can see the finish ship here:

http://www.3ddub.net/ferengi-battleship-tork-one/

I will post the wallpaper in the finish section with a small presentation video (When it's finished rendering)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Impressive work.
    Thanks. However the top hull uvw map changed again for something else. I changed it 3 times and it keeps messing up or switching (No clue why...). That was a difficult model because of all the bugs I got with the UVW and the vertex curving. And has you can see I decided I had enough of it. It the end, it's a nice ship anyway but I wish it would have been a smoother process.