Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDeathstar Detention Block Corridor

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2014 in Finished Work #1
For all those heading out to the MCM Birmingham this weekend have a great time and be sure to check out UKR2Builders stand and see the fantastic droids on display.

Also get your photo taken in the Deathstar Detention block - A backdrop banner created by yours truly :)
105294.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    "This is some rescue. You came in here, but didn't you have a plan for getting out?"
    "He's the brains, sweetheart."

That looks great, dude. Dark and gloomy, just like in the movie. Though, I don't remember the big flare at the end. ;)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    "This is some rescue. You came in here, but didn't you have a plan for getting out?"
    "He's the brains, sweetheart."

That looks great, dude. Dark and gloomy, just like in the movie. Though, I don't remember the big flare at the end. ;)

Admittedly I went a little strong on that, but there is the films a big white light at the end of the corridor :P
    Another shot, yet to add the grills so our heroes can escape ;)
    105323.jpg
  • CoolhandCoolhand288 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    Another shot, yet to add the grills so our heroes can escape ;)

this is looking superb, dark surfaces always seemed more difficult to light, but these are easily your best renders - though it's starting to feel a little like a WIP;) If you're doing more to it, it would be really nice to see the security room at the end of the corridor, the one where Han has the boring conversation anyway, and maybe an interrogation droid floating about..
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Your textures, as always, are fantastic.
    Wiz wrote: »
    Admittedly I went a little strong on that, but there is the films a big white light at the end of the corridor :P

It's probably just a white wall in the studio where they built the set. ;)
    @Coolhand; thanks mate, and will be coming back and adding the security room, also love the idea of the interrogation droid :)

@evil; thanks :) and in the original release the corridor appeared to extended by a painting (or maybe it was a photo of the corridor itself), which is quite evident and was "fixed" in the 2004 dvd release.
    105324.png
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    would have been even worse had they left the actors in the extended backdrop matte :D