Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDeath Star Corridor

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2014 in Work in Progress #1
How do,

This one is going to be a slow burner; but here is the first of hopefully many shots ;)

Working on creating the various panels and decals first, then onto the blocking out the shape.

Below is an initial test of the first panel types.

:)

Wiz.
104348.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. Did this as an additional feature for that Death Star hangar I did the other year. There is a shed load of good reference for this (I have those set blueprints too) and I found it a lot of fun, so enjoy.

:thumb:

Here's the link to my thread on this subject, let us know if you want any additional reference, I've got quite a bit for this.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?78712-Death-Star-II-Style-Hanger/page19
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    The ewok moon scene was filmed 20 mins from my home town woot lol
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Cool :)

@talon_uk, yeah would be great if you could point me to a good set of blueprints, as all reference welcomed (I also have the Death Star manual which I totally forgot I had purchased, and I purchased it so I could do the interiors lol ((siv for a brain)), so will be going through that again tonight).

• ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    looks awesome!
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    You've missed a trick here. You should have done the Death Star Canteen.

;)
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    You'll need to model trays for that, of course.... The food is hot. :D
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's really fantastic and I love the black and silver R2 unit. I thought some of the coolest R-series color schemes in the original movies were on the background robots, but we saw practically none of those in the prequel movies. (yet another reason why the original trilogy rules ;))
    Hehe, and thanks guys.

@evil, yeah loved the original trilogy with the droids in the background being all busy and a number of the R2Builders have re-created these little fellas (including the black one you see in the render, which is currently being built). :)
    Wiz wrote: »
    Cool :)

@talon_uk, yeah would be great if you could point me to a good set of blueprints, as all reference welcomed (I also have the Death Star manual which I totally forgot I had purchased, and I purchased it so I could do the interiors lol ((siv for a brain)), so will be going through that again tonight).

Sure, will do. With the Death Star Manual are you talking about the old West End Games book, or the recent Haynes Manual? If it is the latter, is it any good? If it is I might pick it up myself, found the Falcon one a good read and resource.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Heya wiz! A few nitpicks with your hallway....where are those "mouse-droids"? I can't seem to find the blaster marks and lighstaber scorches on the wall, and the floors are just way too clean. And, and....more droids please! :D

keep up the awesomesauce!
    Heya wiz! A few nitpicks with your hallway....where are those "mouse-droids"? I can't seem to find the blaster marks and lighstaber scorches on the wall, and the floors are just way too clean. And, and....more droids please! :D

keep up the awesomesauce!

Thanks mate, and will try (and this only the start of the corridor merely panel tests ;)) more to come!
    A few more panel types done :) (moving along slowly but surely).
    104403.jpg
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    veeeery nice! :)
    Thanks matey :)
    Awesome, loving the dirt and scratches on those panels and floor tiles, really adds a good level of depth.
    Thanks Talon, next pass is miss-aligning the panels and other imperfections :)
    Got that manual delivered today, nice little piece of reference that, nice corridor and general wall panel configurations and other bits and pieces, some nice illustrations that would make good texturing reference for some of the control panels as well, like they did with the cockpit panels for the Falcon Haynes book. Makes for a good read too.

So what do you need Wiz? I'm gathering you've got screen caps galore of the corridors judging on what we have here so far, have you got a set of the Star Wars blueprints that come in that black and red satchel? If not I can scan in the pages relating to the Death Star interior locations for you, just let us know.
    Yeah the manual is cool the Chris's did a great job! :P

Them blueprints sound great so if you could pop them to me that would be great matey and very much appreciated! :)

If only Stormtroopers had been more effective :) WIP shot of the Detention Block...
    104499.jpg
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Is he scheduled to be terminated? :)

Excellent work! Love the texture on the walls.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    love it! all he needs now is the "cinnamon bun" hairstyle! :D
    Wiz wrote: »
    Yeah the manual is cool the Chris's did a great job! :P

Them blueprints sound great so if you could pop them to me that would be great matey and very much appreciated! :)

If only Stormtroopers had been more effective :) WIP shot of the Detention Block...

Check your PM box mate.

Checked and replied, thanks matey, very much appreciated! :)
    Well not had much time this week to play in the Deathstar, so just a quick image for fun, again this is based on an R2builders custom build; aiming for a lobby card type of look :)
    104601.jpg
    That's cool. With that lighting and the black and white color, he almost looks like he's all silver color.
    He is silver, the real one is a pure aluminium build by a guy called Brad Oakley :)
    OK more work on the Death star stuff, in particular the Detention Block

Some of you may have seen the work I did for the UKR2Builders club for a backdrop photo banner.
    So I have decided to press on and flesh the corridor out further, adding the cell (seen above) and the security room :) with of course a nice Death Star corridor leading to it all :)
    105325.jpg105326.jpg105327.jpg
    Is it cell 2187? ;)

Looking great as usual. :thumb:
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice grime effect on the walls but parts of the picture look too "film grainy".
    id there are any issues with the corridor not matching the one in the film say it is one of the other corridors, the death star must have tens if not hundreds of them.
    @evil; it certainly is :)

@spacefigher; lol, it will match ;) and the noise is down to them being quick WIP renders :)