Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIntrepid Class High Resolution Model

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2014 in Work in Progress #1
*sigh* everytime I get to where I think I can work on one of my own things, i get more work thrown at me.. although this time I'm having a bit of fun..

Rick Sternbach needs a new CG version of Voyager that's a little more accurate to the studio model, so he's working with me to create that. The larger shield areas and places behind windows will be full CG sets as well.. this is going to take a VERY long time as both of us are working on it in our spare time which is severely limited these days..

So without further ado, i give you what we have so far..
104235.png
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Yummy.
    Your work is cut out for you.
  • Chris2005Chris2005679 Posts: 3,097Member
    Voyager (cough) on blu-ray? :p jk

Looking awesome!
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Chris: that's part of it, the other part is a project I can't discuss ;)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Ah, you tease!

Great looking model, a rather underrated ship. Glad to hear the windows will be sets. That was what made the Enterprise in FC feel so real to me, they actually put rooms in the model (Probably not on the CG version.). Well worth the time and effort.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804617 Posts: 11,190Member
    Wow, that's looking great so far. Did you model that as a single piece?
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    How detailed are you planning to make it?
    There are details (like some aspects of the RCS thrusters) that only exist in his concept sketches because they would've never been noticeable during broadcast.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Excellent start :D I can see one or two lumpy areas around the various cutouts, though you're most likely aware of those :)
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    ooh! looks like a good start, and hope that you get some time for her!
    Wow, that's looking great so far. Did you model that as a single piece?

Yep that's all one piece
    lennier1 wrote: »
    How detailed are you planning to make it?
    There are details (like some aspects of the RCS thrusters) that only exist in his concept sketches because they would've never been noticeable during broadcast.

yes, Rick wants everything
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9921 Posts: 5,337Member
    Are you gonna stick with the original greebs or the updated ones done to the ship for the borg4d thing?

ugh ok tried to find images of what I am referring to but cannot find anything. Though ti seems most of the recent renders of the cgi model are of the updated one that has a lot of the BIG wobbly bits ironed out but not all of them. (length of the nacelle bodies etc)
    Intrepid_class_CGI_studio_model.jpg
    Stuff at trekcore are all of the updated model too. bah I will upload the image since I cannot find it anywhere.
    http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/07/voyagers-visual-effects-creating-the-cg-voyager-with-rob-bonchune/

anyhow I ask because I always like those updated greebs
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    @Koi: I don't exactly know what Rick has in mind for that, but I think he wants to go with the original studio model as a base, I'm sure that (as with Relativity) if I see an area that needs refining he'll let me do it..

After I typed this i realized that was Bonch's update, he did a superb job on it I've seen some renders of his update up close and personal, and we're both working on a refit of the aeroshuttle together for this project :)
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    IIRC Gabe Koerner had a hand in those upgrades for the Borg ride. Should be the same image he had on his website a couple of years ago.
    lennier1 wrote: »
    IIRC Gabe Koerner had a hand in those upgrades for the Borg ride. Should be the same image he had on his website a couple of years ago.
    I know Gabe *quite* well ;) I will ask him... inbetween other activities..
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    Voyager has always been my favourite vessel of any movie/tv show, Voyager on Bluray is a great prospect, the secret plan is also intriguing! Love the work done so far :D
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Excellent start!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    VK08 wrote: »
    Chris: that's part of it, the other part is a project I can't discuss ;)

Voyager on blu ray, cool but I'll have to sell my DVD's. I wonder when DS9 will come to blu ray? Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see it finished. I think I might know what else Rick has up his sleeve but I'm not telling.