Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Wars Action wip#2

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2014 in Work in Progress #1
First off, am glad to see the site is back...... :D

An updated video. More scenes.

I did re-render some after correcting the materials on the Corellian Corvette.
Last shot in this video I have re-rendered also , adding more light direction on the Adv. Tie's.
That will be added in next video.

There was not any real idea behind this. But it is beginning to look to me as if the Rebels have set up
bait, to draw in Empire ships in, then to ambush.... it's a thought.

I have got 2 Mon-Calamari Cruiser models set up and ready with materials, but no emitters or anything.
Trying to think of how I can add them into this.

only on YT atm :( sorry :(

Regards,
104170.jpg
Post edited by RandalR on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    vastly better than last time. i'm afraid that the laser glow effects are still rather bad but the correlian is vastly improved as are the x wings. the TIE fighters are a bit plain but quite accepetable as long as the camera does not hang on them for too long. i liked the way the x wings broke formation, and then i saw the y-wing bit. that was nice work, barring the laser again it was well lit modelled and animated. the shots fired by it into the hull had the right sort of glow and the green flash in the background a few scenes later also did, these should be used as the base for your laser beam effects. the but where the y-wing flys right towards you at the end is also a good sequence and this time the laser effect is good. nice to see you successfully animating the movements of all those ships, other than a bit near the start with the correlian your matching of camera and model movements is perfect such that you don't get weird effects. with the mon-calamari cruisers don't you just need to make the material quite reflective and add some short cylinders which can be stretched out for laser beams. i thought that mon calamari ships used a continuous beam rather than the shorter ones on other craft. in many ways doing so would indicate a system with greater fire power, think of how the shadow vessels in babylon5 fire(or some of the narn ones for that matter).
    p.s. why not post this on same thread as original test video.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    Comments appreciated...

threads with many postings confuse me.
    I would rather re-edit original post, so changes are on top.
    Though no one will know it has been updated less you add a bump message.

It is easier for me to keep track of that way.
    I am getting old and old habits die hard... :D

It is taking more time, more effort, more RE-rendering and tweaking but it is worth it so far.

I am happy with the way it is turning out so far.

Thanks.
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    Nice improvement over the previous one :)

One suggestion I'd add would be to make the laser bolts emit light, so they lit the ships firing them and also the ones getting hit. I think they'd be more integrated in the scene that way. Also, maybe some light coming from the planet as a reflection would help too!