Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DR2D2, Bespin.

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2014 in Finished Work #1
Hey guys,

I always loved the shots of Artoo in Bespin, so here is my tribute :)

I have some none Astromech stuff coming up soon, will give you a break ;)

Cheers,

Wiz.
104112.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
JES
Tagged:

• DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, although not a fan of the grain. Doesn't look like film grain, just a simple PS noise overlay. Also, what is it with you and tiny resolutions? Go huge man!
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Haha, I know I will look to do desktop versions, and take a look at the noise (as it was pretty much is a simple noise overlay in PS). Thanks :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Agreed on the noise. The rest, however, is awesome. It looks like a still from the film. Great work as usual. :thumb:
    OK a higher res version, and worked on the noise, trying to get the film grain look (hopefully its better?) :)
    104114.jpg
    JES
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    OK a higher res version, and worked on the noise, trying to get the film grain look (hopefully its better?) :)
    personaly i say say dump the grain altogether, camera and effects technology has improved vastly since the poriginal trilogy was made, take advantage of that. cool image otherwise.
    Looks too heavy to me still. I'd change the size, give it some healthy blur, and drop the opacity a few notches.

As for the res, more, MORE!
    Some grain is good, but I agree that it still looks heavy. The problem is, you build such fantastic models that we want to see them without all of that going on. ;)
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, very much appreciated :)

I was pushing for a production still effect (akin to the behind the scenes shots, and to note some of the noise is from the render itself - short render time; so need to increase that), but on that note I am doing a more detailed version of the Bespin corridor and doorway so will re-render a much higher res (cleaner) version soon :) Thanks again!

Cheers,

Wiz.
    OK one last update before I go away and rebuild the corridor and wotnot :) (is this more in the right direction?)

Thanks again guys, the feedback is great and really helps me to improve! :)
    104126.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    in my opinion decent film grain is all about the way it's blended, you can set up a log colour space to add your noise so it blends differently depending on the brightness of the background
    Thanks IRML, doing some research into all of this now so any further help/advice gratefully received :)
    That looks great, the noise level is about perfect, in my opinion.
    Phew, finally ;)

Thanks guys :)
    Now all you need to do is fix that lousy resolution....

29UrGru.gif
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    DCB wrote: »
    Now all you need to do is fix that lousy resolution....

29UrGru.gif
    :D
    ditto. Lovin' it. Maybe you can fedex me that R2 when you're done, eh? :P
    Haha, sorry mate, way to close to my Artoo to let him go out on his own ;)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    That looks nice. I agree that I'd drop the grain, but the level you have it in the last pic is decent.
    Thanks :) and yeah definitely happier with the levels in the last pic.
    That looks nice. I agree that I'd drop the grain, but the level you have it in the last pic is decent.

Slightly off topic, but I love the Lego Grand Admiral Thrawn avatar. :)