Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNext gen Spectre Gunship XAC-130

MobiusOneMobiusOne0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2013 in Finished Work #1
Wow havne't posted for a long time, hope all are doing well.

Pretty much my first fighter jet design. Actually its more of a gunship. A sci fi futuristic version of the current AC130 gunship with a little bit of Ace Combat and little bit of Macross in it. With a pair of laser turret just above the cockpit, missile pods at the second set of wings, another smaller pair of laser turret at the back, the XAC-130 is also outfitted with a MWSP, which stands for Modular Weapon System Pack (meaning different packs can be swapped in and out depending on the mission).

The MWSP shown in this concept provides the XAC-130 more fire power with more missile pods in the middle of the pack as well as two extra and bigger pair of laser turrets.

Hope you guys like it :)
next_gen_spectre_gunship_xac_130.jpg
103937.jpg
Post edited by MobiusOne on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool overall design but lacks fine details. nice shape and positioning for the main elements(i'm guessing those wings sweep back). the gun turrets further back look far too blocky and really wreck the clean lines. can we see it from the back, your engines look interesting but can't be seen very well from the nose. with that turret considerably streamlined(or removed) and the panel lines a little shallower it would be an excellent design.
  • MobiusOneMobiusOne0 Posts: 0Member
    ahh thanks for the suggestions, here's the side view :)

xac130_4.jpg
    103964.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    oh, it has skids. interestign engines and a nice hull shape(clearer to see from this angle). never realised there were those guns just behind the cockpit. they could be improved by having the barrels mainly inside the fuselage with just tips poking out. i like the little detials you have on the wings and engine section.
  • MobiusOneMobiusOne0 Posts: 0Member
    oh, it has skids. interestign engines and a nice hull shape(clearer to see from this angle). never realised there were those guns just behind the cockpit. they could be improved by having the barrels mainly inside the fuselage with just tips poking out. i like the little detials you have on the wings and engine section.

haha i thought about puting the turrets just above the cockpit way back like you suggested but i felt like they make the whole gunship beefier or something with guns poking out more. I could have spent more time on the little details but I guess I got lazy :P

I think I love the wings and engine the most