Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMission failed

BigTBigT192 Posts: 97Member
edited November 2013 in Finished Work #1
Sometimes life just really sucks...
Who would want to meet him at this moment? :D

imp_tie-dv_base2.jpg

Mesh consists of combined and modded parts of scifi-3d.com
Thanks to the makers on this occasion! :)
103810.jpg
Post edited by BigT on
Tagged:

• WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Nice :) a few things though, maybe some motion blur on the stars behind, and a little blur on the tie fighter itself (also tilt its angle for a more dynamic look); and in the movies (ANH) they were also very brightly lit, so the parts of the fighter facing the light were pretty much illuminated.

Hope this helps :)
  • BigTBigT192 Posts: 97Member
    Thank you Wiz! Your comments always very welcome :)

You're right, I'll still have to study the lightning in the movies to get a similar appearance as possible.
    I wasn't entirely sure if a more metallic (like now) or rather mat-colored broader gloss light is the way to go.
    But you pointed exactly on this and I'll try out more alternatives now and compare it to the original shots.

(And yeah, since I'll use that model in an animation, I didn't finished this still image extensively...)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool render, really well lit and great texturing.
  • raytridiraytridi0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work. Metal hull is looking good.
  • wibblewibble1148 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 517Member
    If you are going to recreate the look of the classic trilogy you have to consider that the filming minitures simply weren't made of metal. But I do really like your Render with the material as it is. Also the lightning. Not too bright, not too dark, just right.
  • OpticsOptics0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool. I agree that some motion blur could make it look all the more alive!
  • bobc4dbobc4d171 Posts: 0Member
    I actually like it as is, depending on the look you're going for. If an original trilogy look then yes, a bit more lighting and blur, if you're going for a "real" look, aka: 2001, A Space Odyssey look, then I think it is fine like it is, little/no background star blur and lighting is good
    Thank you all for comments.
    Its really a master decision, whether to choose the original look or something different.
    For me there is nothing above the original trilogy, but I also think there are some nice aspects to do the look another way.

In the meantime I build a complete model (only cockpit not included yet) from the scratch in the same look.
    Its the V38 - TIE-Phantom which I need also in the animation.

The pilot will be a well known, very dangerous and very sexy lady ;)
    As you can see by the red stripe, she's on behalf of the Emperors secret service...

imp_tie-mj_base_d.jpg
    103867.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    more nice work, though slightly less well lit this time. are you going to post the animation soon?
    Thank you! :)
    I use one simple Physical Skylight during buildup. Dedicated lighting work will follow in the animated scenes. This will take place around middle of next year. There are still some other models to build up or adapt first.
    Step by step... discipline... :rolleyes: