Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationPYROMANIA (Rock of Ages)

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2013 in Finished Work #1
3 year anniversary Oct,2010-Oct,2013 began 3d,C4d
Being self learned and going to Google University,,,,

This was a rendering nightmare. At times 3-20 min per frame.... so I kept trying
tweak things to get the times down. End up reshooting some shots.
Also, I had a helluva time trying to get the smoke to do what I would like it to do.
After the first sequence, Gravity,Wind,Friction all went to hell--- lol.

,Maybe I should have used thinking particles, but am unsure if I could still influence the drift.

[video=vimeo;77442165]
>> not showing HD<<

PERS. NOTE.

I have to admit I am surprised at the response to the RUSH video.
I was not even going to post it on forums.

Regards,

Randal R.
103611.jpg
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    noticed your shift to music videos, preferred your old galactica stuff. onto this video...
    good work although i'm not that keen opn it, some of the lighting looked a bit off. enjoyed the targeting sequence at start, at a later point i found the bit where the camera was shaking about above the city, unfortuantely this did not create the impression of an earthquake but rather that of being stuck atop an autonomous aerial vehicle which was trying different routes then backing off.
    flame and smoke effects good but would have preferred to see the fires from a little closer. also had no clue what was supposed to be going on.
    thought the cityscape was good and could be used well in all sorts of flythrough videos.
  • raytridiraytridi0 Posts: 0Member
    I think you must support fire with omni or point light(pale orange color) for close shots.

Particles are take long time. You can use part style render, first Bg - Buildings - Particles but you must alpha render for all of them for composition.

For reflection and matte, I dont use C4 but in 3DSMax: There is obj properities- visible to Reflection , cast shadow... render settings, i think this settings will be your 3d program.

Good works
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the inputs,

this was really just another little project. I get an idea, and typically rush through it just to get it done so I can do
    another video... but am taking a break for a spell after I post the Judas Priest....

I will more than likely return to do more BSG/Space,,, maybe try some more star wars...

I just thought, it is my first disaster video lol.

best Regards,,,