Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMuse shuttle

komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
edited November 2013 in Work in Progress #1
This is a shuttle I am doing for a 2D illustration. I though, why not doing it in 3D. Inspired a bit by Star Trek.

muse.jpg

muse01.jpg
103761.jpg
Post edited by komaro on
Tagged:

• komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804257 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it so far. It doesn't look specifically Trek, but I can see where it was influenced by Star Trek shuttles. :)
  • RekkertRekkert4198 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,321Member
    It looks promising so far! :thumb:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    it's quite a nice overall shape. i'll need to see more detail really. you might want to change the canopy style, the current single window in the centre of the fuselage looks a bit strange.
    I changed some things and made the side door and window. Worked on the shape of the engines

muse04.jpg

muse05.jpg
    Made some small progress with paneling and lines:
    muse06.jpg

muse07.jpg

muse08.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice, the Trek-influence is visible, yet it's clear enough to not be counted as one so far.
    komaro wrote: »
    Made some small progress with paneling and lines:
    muse06.jpg
    liking what you have done with panelling.
    Sorry if it took a long time to post, but I hit a snag with the engines. The boolean on them was corrupted and I had no saved version prior to it, accept the very basic shape. So I started again (At least twice), but this time I stick with the original idea, to have kind of a part of it that is detach on the side. I think it's for the best, in the sens that the shape is more "together".

muse09.jpg

muse10.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    its an interesting design the engine pods seem a lil over sized tho
    colbmista wrote: »
    its an interesting design the engine pods seem a lil over sized tho

once you are free from the tyranny of the rocket equation the thing you want to maximize is engine size(if rocket equation applies you want to maximise fuel tank size).

nice updates Komaro
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    once you are free from the tyranny of the rocket equation the thing you want to maximize is engine size(if rocket equation applies you want to maximise fuel tank size).

nice updates Komaro

that maybe if it wasnt startrek which this is based on his shuttle size is to small for the size of nacelles he has going on in my opinion the power core he has to put to thos engines seems like it would be to big to fit in its current set up
    Update. Well for the size, there is also kind of a laser on the side that is house there, and it can also be used as a stabilizer to level a rapid descend (A bit why it's a drag on aerodynamic)

muse11.jpg

muse12.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804257 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's looking really good. Though, the glows are very round.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    This shuttle is a very cool little design. I love the layout. :thumb:
    Thank you all for your kind words. This is it for that project, these are the last render. To follow, there should be 2 wallpapers in 2D illustrations in the finished section, eventually. I leave you with those and the reference page.

muse.jpg

muse01.jpg
    muse02.jpg
    muse03.jpg
    muse04.jpg
    muse05.jpg

http://www.3ddub.net/muse-shuttle/