Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationRush-Limelight-Moving Pictuers

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2013 in Finished Work #1
I planned on not posting this.
But that kind of defeats the purpose of making the video doesn't it?

Just some fun and exercise in experimenting and learning.
AM still just a beginner!

Maybe someone here will find it interesting or likable or maybe just enjoy the music.

[video=vimeo;77249308]

It's ANIMATION!

Regards,

Randal R.
103577.jpg
Post edited by RandalR on

• MaxxRushMaxxRush180 Posts: 168Member
    Well... that was kinda nifty. I would have preferred the animations to be more in sync with the music, and do more, but since this was just you trying out some things with some great music in the background, it's not bad.

I can live with that.

BTW, *huge* Rush fan here, which is why your thread caught my eye to begin with.

I will say this though... I'm starting to get a bit tired of Limelight. That and Tom Sawyer seem to be the only Rush songs anyone who isn't a fan knows about. Limelight is practically everywhere, including the movie I Love You Man, and I just wish someone somewhere would use something from say, Hemispheres or A Farewell to Kings. Considering what SFM is, a nice animation based on Cygnus X-1 would be cool.

I hesitate to do this (unless you already know about the place), but you might want to post it over at Counterparts: http://rushmessageboard.com/

I say I hesitate, because CP can be pretty rough on people, especially newbies. They have a rep as "the biker bar of Rush message boards", and there are a few folks there who will seem like they are ripping your animation apart. Take it all with a grain of salt, because even though they'll never admit it, they're just kidding around. They still may not like it, but it's all in good "fun" for them. They're contrarians, who will hate anything, just to say they hate it, but with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

But for newbs there, it's pretty difficult to see the tongue.

And of course, if you already know about CP, then you can just ignore everything I just said.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    wow, thnx for the info/reply.

Finally someone else here has some same taste....hehe.

Will look into that link.

Funny you should mention Limelight and Tom Sawyer, I been trying to think up a vid for Tom Sawyer,
    mainly cuz I have an idea for an intro, but since you mention it, I may try another tune.

Typically, since I am just a novice, I get an idea and inspiration from the music and from past memories.
    This was pretty much a 1st run render.
    Like with Boston Spaceship-The Journey Home (Foreplay-Longtime) I had more I wanted to add when the music runs out :D

One of the things that got me going into C4d-Gfx-Videos, was the fact that so many upload an image with the song.
    No video at all. I thought, well, let's make something they can watch.

I was there @ age 16 when MTV broke. So, obviously it had an impact...

Oh, btw, I am in Cols too..waddya know.

Randal R.