Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dultharim - ships and stuff

ultharimultharim0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but have been watching the community for a while.
Here are my first two designs, made for a project I'll hopefully be able to get off the ground.
The models are mostly clay renders, since i'm color blind and i have this habit of getting stuck when i run into textures.
First model is supposed to be a gunship some 80-90 m long.
It's main weapon is the big sphere at the front, i see it kind of like a bigger, badder version of the star trek phasers, able to fire at many targets simultaneously.
103553.jpg
103554.jpg
103555.jpg
103556.jpg
Post edited by ultharim on
Tagged:

• ultharimultharim0 Posts: 0Member
    And second model is a railgun equipped battleship, still wip.
    It's a 80k tons thing that flies because magic :).
    103557.jpg103558.jpg103559.jpg103560.jpg
  • wibblewibble1146 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 515Member
    Yeah thats the great thing about 3D modelling, no matter if it would work or not, if you want it to fly it does fly.
    Great designes especially the first one. It doesn't relly matter that it is clay renderd a mostly white texture would fit perfectly, or are the brighter ones already textured?
  • ultharimultharim0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks man.
    the brighter ones are wip versions, you can kinda see the evolution of the model.
    i'm thinking about the butdoesitfly thing because the action happens on the surface of the earth, at max 2000 m altitude. the ships are a direct descendant of battleship tech updated with advanced railguns as the main battery. hence their tech is not that advanced, towards 2120, let's say. maybe in the end i'll just say, yeah, magic happens, but right now i'm trying to build something believable.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    the first model is interesting, from looking i would think of it as akind of heavy shuttle. the engines seem ideally placed to rotate round 90 degrees for VTOL purposes. as for the colossal weapon i would say make the weapon a bit smaller, if it's a laser/phaser device the big thing will be the power supply but you'll want to make the laser aperture quite small.

the battle ship is,shall we say, "interesting". but the rail gun turrets are top quality modelling and design.
  • RekkertRekkert4101 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,310Member
    I like that gunship very much, a pretty original design.

As for the second one, I have a soft spot for illogical WW2 style battleships that fly, so I always like seeing one. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    Love the gunship design, totally rocks. :)

Like the flying battleship too. It's your story/universe so whatever you want applies. :)