Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Nightfever's 2009 Enterprise Modo 701 conversion

sebasvideosebasvideo0 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Back in January I started learning 3D on my own, a bit of Lightwave at first but mostly Modo. My main interest in the 3D world is sci-fi, and I found this great model by Nightfever (Alexander Klemm) and I used it to learn how to apply textures, lights and tweak the render in After Effects to make it look better. The textures are also mostly from Nightfever's model, I just changed some things, like creating bump and reflection maps from them.

The lights are all by me, Alex had put up an FBX model that had a ton of point lights but in that version the textures didn't load for some reason, so I used the OBJ version that didn't have lights. I've been working on this for weeks, mostly because probably many things didn't translate so well in the conversion between programs (Alex did it in C4D then exported to OBJ and FBX, and I loaded that in Modo.) Also I'm playing by ear, trying to learn as I go along, so obviously everything takes me longer than someone who's been doing this for years. I would like to know how to properly texture spaceships, but I couldn't find anything definitive that tells me how it's done in the major VFX houses.

I'm putting some finishing details on it but it looks close to the best I can do for now with my limited knowledge of Modo and 3D in general. My goal is to study this model's geometry and eventually make my own spaceship, not related to any series in particular.

If anybody knows where to find it, I would also like to study the NX-01 refit. I found a few NX-01s, but I searched for the refit four hours and I found renders and other stuff, but not a mesh to download.

Thanks,

Sebastian
102479.jpg
102480.jpg
102481.JPG
102482.jpg
102483.jpg
102484.jpg
102485.JPG
102486.JPG
102487.JPG
Post edited by sebasvideo on