Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DA New Sunrise

TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
edited July 2013 in Finished Work #1
I am working on getting my Enterprise mesh hosted at Trek Meshes. Should be available in a day or so.

The Enterprise is by me and the background image comes from desktopexchange.com.
102338.jpg
Post edited by Tralfaz on
Tagged:

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    You can now download the model from Trek Meshes. Look for the image below in the downloads section.

I will keep trying to have the model hosted here as well.

Al
    102337.jpg
    icon.jpg 178.5K
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    don't wanna nitpick, but according to forum rules, credits have to be ON the image. i recognize the background as an image done by Fernando Rodriguez. he used to have it in his gallery at deviantart. but he removed it from there some day.

btw: nice image
    Added credits directly to image. Desktopexchange doesn't give credit to who the original artist is.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good but two problems, one annoying, the other huge.

1.why the spots of light on the "NCC-1701" markings? they really look like they are there purely to show what ship it is rather than because they would be visible if this were a real scene. if you want the markings visible brighten the whole render or find a more plausible way to illuminate the area. maybe have a bright flash coming from something behind the camera, but make sure it illuminates the whole rear.

2.background is excellent but if that is supposed to be earth remember no such star and nebula formations are that clearly visible from orbit. if it is another planet consider the fact that real space is unlikely to look like that as the image has been artificially coloured to pronounce details(IR emitters, UV, etc) and that unless very very close it would not have that low an apparent magnitude when seen from the planet.

i do hwever like the lighting on the front of the saucer and the port side of the main hull.
    Hi spacefighter,

Thank you for your comments. The spots of light on the NCC-1701 markings are there because they were there in the movie. I know it doesn't make sense as there aren't any visible sources of light to project there. I know what you mean about the background image. I wish real space looked like that when you look up at the sky at night. Nowadays, it is kind of hard to see any stars at all unless you are way out in the boonies away from all light.

Here's a couple of screen shots from TMP showing the lights on the nacelles highlighting the letters.

Al
    102341.jpg102342.jpg
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Beautiful ART work, Tralfaz. :thumb:

It's too bad that sometimes people forget that this is indeed ART work and not meant to be real. Spacefighter, I'd recommend that before you critique something you research why it's that way. The spot lights on the nacelle registries is a perfect example of you no knowing what you're talking about.
    Come on guys, it is all good. I appreciate any comments whether good, bad, right or wrong (preferably good ;) )

Al
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    I know what you mean about the background image. I wish real space looked like that when you look up at the sky at night. Nowadays, it is kind of hard to see any stars at all unless you are way out in the boonies away from all light.

it would be pretty cool to look up and see dust,gas and nebulae rather than just points of light but even away from all population centres(even in orbit around pluto) the nebulae are much to distant to be that bright. even then some of the stuff in those beautiful images taken by hubble/spitzer/etc is invisible to human eyes however bright it is as it emits on non visible wavelengths.

as for spotlighting on letters i know it does occur in some of the films but it still doesn't look right really. i can see why it is there in certain cases but when it is it often makes the overall image/film clip look less plausible. in space they will be much to far apart to read the letters and radio transmissions(based on current IFF technology) or FTL communications would be a much more effective way to identify a ship.