Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DJen's Starship Dumping Ground

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Because I have so many little designs I've been working on for the S5 Campaign renders, I decided to start a thread for all the little ships. first up a kitbash of the NX Refit that I'm doing with the girls, Doug Drexler allowed it as a way for me to teach the girls some Lightwave basics..
102320.png
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Keep on dumping.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Interesting design! Looking forward to more!
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    this is definitely a lot more like the NX-01 design *should* have looked....
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Nicely done
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    'the girls'?
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    'the girls'?

Her kids.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Cool ^_^
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    I'll never understand the grumbling about the NX-01's design.

VK: Nice job! But I do recommend on the sides where you cut out part of the hull for the impulse engines that you spend a little time spiffying that up a bit. From the top view, the lines on the saucer intersecting it are what I'm referring to.

I do like the general silhouette, my only suggestion would be that the rear view would look a little bitter if the nacelles were spread out a little further. (It's a little front heavy...)

Again, very nice, looking forward to seeing it with running lights!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Try putting the NX-01 refit secondary hull under a flatter kelvin type hull. That will give it a low, dangerous look.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Nano: the saucer isn't even the right one for that little bash, I didn't notice it til you brought it out, it's from Alain's redo of the NX Refit for Doug, he had sent it to me, and I guess it got transposed with the real one.. I'll have to fix that later, I never intended to use his.. LOL
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    looks good so far - though i have done/doing a nx refit of my own i dont get the grumbling about the original - one of the best looking trek ships in my opinion only topped by the 1701-A - anyway back to this one gotta say the nacelles should in my opinion be a bit higher - maybe about the same height as the saucer? or in the same position relative to the saucer as the originals nacelles?
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    maybe its just because the twin pylons (or whatever you call them) are missing, but the curvature of the upper hull just looks rather "tall" did you add some height or is it just me being weird again?