Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dcustom starwars fraighter

colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Work in Progress #1
got bored of seeing all the trek ships on here so i thought id make my self a custom starwars craft its a micro YT type freighter
it has a spot for a astro mech
2 pilots and a small cargo hold in the mid section

pilots get in and out by having the bottom of the cockpit drop down
its mostly just blocked out at the moment but here is what i got so far
102290.jpg
Post edited by colbmista on

• RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    It's an interesting design, I like the idea of a Corellian fighter.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Hmm, I love Corellian ships. Although I personally always felt that Corellian fighters would employ more of a B-Wing like cockpit, a conical tube-shaped affair that echoes the larger freighters and so on.

Regardless, looks nice so far. :)
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    its not a fighter its a micro cargo ship.... for every pirates smuggling needs altho it prob could be retrofitted in to a fighter
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    its not a fighter its a micro cargo ship.... for every pirates smuggling needs altho it prob could be retrofitted in to a fighter
    just as an interesting point wouldn't it be easier to convert a space fighter to a light cargo vessel. all you need to do is add some storage space for cargo, the engines are already powerful enough. converting a cargo ship to a fighter on the other hand means refitting the engines and probably a lot of systems, a cargo ship's engines are unlikely to have the power needed for fast accelerations that a fighter needs. when i say this i am of course assuming that you have ramjets or something with extremely high specific impulses and the cargo ships engines are enough to exceed escape velocity of an average planet.
    just as an interesting point wouldn't it be easier to convert a space fighter to a light cargo vessel. all you need to do is add some storage space for cargo, the engines are already powerful enough. converting a cargo ship to a fighter on the other hand means refitting the engines and probably a lot of systems, a cargo ship's engines are unlikely to have the power needed for fast accelerations that a fighter needs. when i say this i am of course assuming that you have ramjets or something with extremely high specific impulses and the cargo ships engines are enough to exceed escape velocity of an average planet.
    if you ever watched starwars you would see the the mellenium falcon is plenty fast and maneuverable as this is what is based on and its half its size so its fine

Doh! I read your post as saying "fighter" sorry! In that case though, I'm even more inclined towards a tube/cone cockpit... :D
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 514Member
    The cockpit reminds me a bit of the Starfighter from Buck Rogers. Since the Star Wars and Buck Rogers Concepts are both made by Ralph McQuarrie it could be an interesting approach to try a crossover of the two. Just a thought of course. Oh and ignore the fighter part in starfighter, I got it that you don't want to build a fighter.
    Starscream wrote: »
    Doh! I read your post as saying "fighter" sorry! In that case though, I'm even more inclined towards a tube/cone cockpit... :D
    its not big enough for that style of cockpit... its half the size of the Millennium falcon
    its not big enough for that style of cockpit... its half the size of the Millennium falcon

Indeed, and that's why I specifically didn't say it should have a Millenium Falcon cockpit, as opposed to simply a tube/cone shape -- I was thinking more along the lines of a B-Wing sized cockpit (or anything in between for that matter; I'm talking purely about the stylistic features here) ;)