Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DFederation versus Empire

LandingZoneLandingZone1 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Finished Work #1
After more than a year I get my self to finish this one. http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?79117-SW-vs-ST

Actually I could have worked on this way more, but sadly there was no time to add further elements to this, or else it would never be finished. Enjoy.
102095.jpg
Post edited by LandingZone on
Dark Angel
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good but i am not keen on the cartoon nature of the image. this might be a good idea for a video to be based on.
  • YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    I think it's pretty impressive. Always blown away with drawings as I have very little skill when drawing by hand.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I'm the opposite of spacefighter, I love the cartoon look. In fact, I'm not a fan of mixing universes, but I had to comment so that I could compliment you on the artwork. It looks great.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I'm not a fan of universe mixing, either. But, that line work is great. I love the style!
  • RekkertRekkert4069 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    It looks fantastic. And like I said in your previous thread, I love that modified Excelsior.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work!

That Excelsior Class: is that a Homeworld Cataclysm reference? Because I love that game.
  • LandingZoneLandingZone1 Posts: 0Member
    Toa_Kaita wrote: »
    Nice work!

That Excelsior Class: is that a Homeworld Cataclysm reference? Because I love that game.

Yes I loved the series to. The name is mostly for the "alien explorers who came out side of the galaxy" part, but I like the name anyway and it fit more than just one way.
  • LandingZoneLandingZone1 Posts: 0Member
    good but i am not keen on the cartoon nature of the image. this might be a good idea for a video to be based on.

Yeah I know this site is more in to 3d modeling stuff, sadly that "train" gone away long ago with out the slightest chance for me to get on board it, and get some kind of knowledge in 3d. And now there are just no time. So i stay with drawing cartoonish stuff than.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I love it.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Several things I like. Star Wars vs Trek is one

A few Words-
    While most select the victor on their favorites there are a number of factors to easily make the determination.

-The most common method is allegorical. Using the "Historical Records" is the easiest. Both series show a propensity to "Dumb Down their special effect to practically fire works but when massive destruction is wanted it's usually show quite clear.

The best Terrestrial Demonstration (non-shield)
    (Q-Who Phaser Strike vs Star Destroyer Asteroid Vaporization)
    Enterprise Vaporizes either 207 or 3 million times the Famous Asteroid Event in ESB.
    (this is because the asteroid wasn't 40 meters across..it was only four meters)

-Scientifically its even more simpler if you just do the math.
    Enterprises storage pods are carrying enough Anti-matter to Obliterate the Earth 35 1/2 Times.
    Comparatively A Death Star the size of small moon is required.

While the standard weapons in Star Wars are weak incomparison to Trek we see massive barrages in ROTJ that take out entire Star Destroyers...These aren't the standard weapons used against fighters and we don't know how powerful they are. If Trained on a Star Trek ship they likely could do incredible damage very quickly but Wars is fighter dependent thus questions any logical matching against Trek.

That is the second portion which I like about the image depicting One Federation Excelsior takening on 2 Destroyers. That should be possible for the Excelsior to win or to loose thus becoming a bit suspenseful you're not showing the Federation's Best such as a Galaxy or Sovereign which could likely taken on 2x as many.

I like the small touches of the sense of movement as the tie's get torched and the flames spewing backwards.
    It gives the Excelsior the appearces of a lone reach.
    You didn't stop there. The background isn't static. The Rings of gases and the planet give a very good sense of distance and add scenery.
    You also gave us a Foreground
    Although I'd like to critizes fairly that this was a good opportunity to show retern fire close up and you passed it. Even the background ship isn't firing on the Excelsior. I think that's a miss. The Excelsior seems uncontested and Star Destroyers carry a heft arsonel of 60 Turbo lasers (who knows where they actually are) and the 3 eight barrerl ship to ship weapons on either side of the main command super structure. At the very least these guns should be going off.

All in all I give it a stout 8/10