Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBattlestar Evil Intent II

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Finished Work #1
Want more BSG, of course you do....

[video=vimeo;68468667]

Was listening to some Xray dog tracks and got the idea for 2 CG shorts.
Sorry bout the explosions,but the rendering times on the explosion shots were horrendous. 11 hours for the Smoke trail and it was not even half way thru sequence.
Any of em actually. Anyway it just some cool sounds and some cool pics.
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i watched evil intent II on youtube, pretty awesome. great to see the new raiders, brilliant engine effects on both raider types and nice overall animation. the 3 things i must ask are
    1. why is galactica flying through an atmosphere, it would look better in space and avoid any issues a battlestar would have with being totally incapable of providing lift to prevent itself crashing whilst in an atmosphere.
    2. why is the battle star not firing back, or have you just not animated that yet?
    3. why let the raiders get so close before the raiders start firing?

otherwise excellent, but maybe change the background and environment to space, maybe in low orbit so you can have a planet filling part of the background. also add a sequence towards the end where the battlestar sends out some vipers, then add a dogfight afterwards. as always great work.
    p.s. did you sue the sketchup raider then or another, i think there is one on foundation3d and one on scifi3d.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    well, one, the tracers bog down, the hair on the tracers bog down, so I turned off the render for those.
    The lasers are firing but you cannot see em on the raiders.
    And the explosions were out of the question due to render time.

I just wanted a change/look.

Although I would suspect any view from inside a nebula would look a lot like plain atmosphere so I tried it.
    Thnx.

Already underway with a new track. Don't know yet exactly what, but I am making it LOL