Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBanzai II rough

psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
edited July 2013 in Finished Work #1
Always wanted to update this. Kind of sloppy for working on it for an hour and a half, but I'm out of practice.
101975.jpg
Post edited by psCargile on
JES
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    some nice parts on that ship, could look very good in 3d with a few modifications. the drawing is quite nice as it is.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Timeless--works across genres.
  • damodamo171 Posts: 4Member
    Nice design, any more pics on the cards showing more details?

D
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    That's a great design. I'd love to see it cleaned up.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I like it, it reminds me of kaden and Galen Arrow class runabout they made years ago.
  • RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Very nice design, looks cool and plausible, something that most Trek fighters don't.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Thanks guys.

I currently don't have plans for other views or cleaning up--but I wont rule it out. I just gave Damo permission and guildlines for modeling it, so we'll see how he fills in the blanks.

One of the reasons for doing this was to get back into the practice of sketching and learning coloring and lighting, and all that. I sporadically do Star Trek, but the Grandeur thread inspired me to look back at the old Banzai, and then I had ideas and scribbled this out.

Over the last several years I've been working time to time on my own original story/universe idea, sketched designs, built planets and solar systems, wrote drafts, and struggled with plot. Recently I took the advice of a friend and decided to do this endeavor as a set of graphic novels. That means I have to draw now, a lot! So I've been working toward that and I hope to have something accomplished by the end of next year. I bought Manga Studio 5, and to lean it, I've been tracing and updated an old pencil cartoon I did in the 90s that has nothing to do with science fiction. That's were I am artistically, and it's a lot of work. I've been working on the script for the first part of this story before I do any serious storyboarding and panel drafts to share.