Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIngram Class - Odysseus Variant, 24th Century Refit.

JayruJayru1150 UKPosts: 708Member
edited June 2013 in Work in Progress #1
As many of you know (and if you donA’t - *shrug* guess youA’ll catch up as we go along) I finished a big ass mesh project when I built a version of Todd GuentherA’s Ingram Class Space Control Ship. I didnA’t just build the one mesh; in the end I built five distinct meshes, each A“slightlyA” different (down to panel and colour schemes as well). All part of a grand plan of mine and Todd GuentherA’s to demonstrate that if Starfleet was real, no two ships of the same class would really be the same - and to show that over time a ship class design would change and evolve with new builds as new ideas, new technologies and new needs came into play.

I havenA’t included the original mesh I built before Todd and I got into our grand plan - because that mesh is an archived version never to see the light of day again. And after swearing that I would never build another of these ships, I did; a distinct version for a fan-film project (and folks, those people are treating my baby with a great deal of respect and using it properly :thumb:).

So, over the course of the 7/8 years I worked on this, seven meshes in total :argh:

Yeah, youA’re right to think that in the end I get fed up with it - as well as all the crap that went along with having to explain that the whole Ingram/Excelsior shabang. Google it and find out what the difference is if you need to, but the two classes are different, they just happen to have similar lines. The Ingram - the Odysseus Variant in particular, happens to be a damn sight sleeker and sexier IMOHO. But then, IA’m biased :D

AnyhowA… and before I kill you all with boredom; given the last of the ships, the USS Kamcaira NCC-2605 was launched in 2297 and served for a good fifty-sixty years, I started to think about what would happen to the ship over time, whether it would ever have undergone the sort of extensive refit the original Enterprise did to bring it up to date.

And of course, yes she would have done. All Starfleet vessels would have done. The only reason we didnA’t see evidence of it on screen was because of the rather sucky fact that the production team didnA’t have the cash to splash out on new models and couldnA’t get away with extensively changing the existing movie models they ended up using. ItA’s easy to forget, but when TNG was first being made, the original cast had only made four of the six movies they would end up making, so those models had to be kept in case of movie needs ;)

And yes, it goes against the grain perhaps and against canon (as far as what was shown on screen), but am I the only one bugged by the fact that every Excelsior Class ever built looked the same as the first one? Every Oberth Class the same as the one blown to dust in Star Trek III? At least the Miranda Class got varied a little - but at its core - the class stayed the same as originally built. You never saw any new technology on those classes of ship (that includes the Ent-B version of the Excelsior - none of the changes added anything other than 23rd Century tech).

Never heard a convincing argument as to why Starfleet never updated those designs as they built new ones (aside from the real world one that the production crew couldnA’t change the physical models too much).

SoA… Kamcaira as she would have been when launched in 2297;

iov240001s.jpg

And the beginnings of a 24th Century style refit circa 2332;

iov240002s.jpg

Will I be including TNG style phaser arrays? Yes. But more in line with the style on the Ambassador Class, who I shall be matching a little for details of the time period, including the window shapes and lifeboat hatches. I shall be looking at the colour scheme as well.

IA’ve started with the saucer section, reshaping it to be more TNG in style. IA’ve kept a small undercut, as opposed as to the sweeping one of old. I figure a refit would seek to improve things if technology allowed, so this change improves the internal space of the saucer by not cutting a deck out, and adds a larger dome underneath.

iov240003s.jpg

More details to be added, plan to work on a section, finish it and then move on to the next. Time permitting IA’ll try and get my idea sketches up so you can see where IA’m thinking of going with all this. I plan to do a refit of this baby as extensive as the one the Enterprise got in TMP, no section left untouched. And maybe then I can suggest that this girl got to hang around in service for a few decades longer before being retired off and sent out to pasture.

Comment away - BUT; do not ask if I would be willing to do another of these ships for your fan-film/fan-whatever project, or if you can have this one. The Kamcaira already has a home. I have no plans to build a ninth version after this one is done. The purpose of this is intellectual curiosity and to be pleasant distraction from the unpleasant :)

More as and when folks :thumb:
102068.jpg
Post edited by Jayru on
The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
- Mike Oldfield
Tagged:

• TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Cool. Looking forward to its progress. :)
  • RekkertRekkert4070 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Ooo, this will be interesting. :)
    What you're saying about every Excelsior being exactly like the first one 100 years later makes sense, and I like where you're going with the design so far.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Once more into the breach, Dear Friend! :)

As always, glad to see you! And, your not the only one that was a bit irritated at the lack of resources durning TNG's run.. though was always happy to see the excelsior up on screen :)

Good luck with this, and looking forward to it! hope your health and sanity hold up!!
  • JayruJayru1150 UKPosts: 708Member
    TrekMD wrote: »
    Cool. Looking forward to its progress. :)
    Cheers - so am I ;)

Rekkert wrote: »
    Ooo, this will be interesting. :)
    What you're saying about every Excelsior being exactly like the first one 100 years later makes sense, and I like where you're going with the design so far.
    The trick is going to be to keep the lines of the ship so that it can still be said to be an Ingram Class (albeit an Odysseus Hull Variation), but update it so that it sits more comfortably within the early part of the 24th Century (post Ambassador Class, as I figure that would the eras yard stick to go by).

Once more into the breach, Dear Friend! :)

As always, glad to see you! And, your not the only one that was a bit irritated at the lack of resources durning TNG's run.. though was always happy to see the excelsior up on screen :)

Good luck with this, and looking forward to it! hope your health and sanity hold up!!
    Indeed, once more unto that damn sodden breach, lol. This is the project I have a love/hate relationship with, the biggest headache of my 3D life and the most rewarding. Swore I would never come back to it, but… meh. Amazing where a drunken conversation can take you. And of course, this isn’t really my ship, Todd Guenther designed the Ingram Class. I just built some of them, lol. But, doing this is actually easier than finishing off the Wolf Class project (which one day I will do…)

But yeah, here we go again. Dusting off the fighting gloves re the whole “this is NOT an Excelsior Class” - but here we go again. He he, let’s have fun with it.
    - Mike Oldfield
  • SchmidtFGSchmidtFG209 Posts: 203Member
    Looking good! Especially like the secondary hull and the deflector. Keep it up!
    vnm51 wrote: »
    Looking good! Especially like the secondary hull and the deflector. Keep it up!
    Cheers, but I haven't made any changes except to the saucer section - the rest of the ship was as it looked when launched (at the moment). Things will change :thumb:
    - Mike Oldfield
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I think the excelsior class is one of my favourite designs. ive used elements for it in my ship design..

its great that you're modifying the class.. i've been watching deep space nine recently and i was saying how it would have been nice to see a newer excelsior class in some of the episodes.. so i'm looking forward to see how she turns out.

looks like you're off to a good start.. :) sorry i cant give any constructive criticism yet....
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, in m view, a refit means you keep most of the general shape, including some of the boxiness of the saucers lines... Else it's not a refit, it's a rehaul.

But I like the idea and I'm definitely looking forward to that.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Welcome back to the front old friend!
    ItA’s always a pleasure to watch the development of your ships, not only cause your skills, but cause the background, the fundamentations, explanations and storylines you always add. ItA’s always fun and makes the project a success. :thumb:

I know what you mean about the Excelsior (as other ships) beeing (almost) always the same along the years. ItA’s like a car being always the same, no matter the year or the version.
    Cars sometimes has few modifications (like the classics Porche and Mustang, for example), but sometimes are changed entirelly, like the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla, just to name a few better known all around the world. I think, as you, the same must be applyed to a starship.

Count with me here, sitting and watching this new story going ahead. :cool: Since you already teased us... can you say a bit more about the fan-movie?
    markmassey wrote: »
    I think the excelsior class is one of my favourite designs. ive used elements for it in my ship design..

its great that you're modifying the class.. i've been watching deep space nine recently and i was saying how it would have been nice to see a newer excelsior class in some of the episodes.. so i'm looking forward to see how she turns out.

looks like you're off to a good start.. :) sorry i cant give any constructive criticism yet....
    First off, I have to point out sheA’s not an Excelsior Class, but an Ingram Class. They have similar lines, but are very different (like the Ingrams having almost twice the mass of an Excelsior).

But yes, itA’s something that irked me, and what the hell - I have the time and the inclination, so pressing ahead (updates soon I hope, depends on whether I can get more time to render stuff, lol).

Aresius wrote: »
    Well, in m view, a refit means you keep most of the general shape, including some of the boxiness of the saucers lines... Else it's not a refit, it's a rehaul.

But I like the idea and I'm definitely looking forward to that.
    Interesting point, BUT when you compare the TOS Enterprise to the refit version in TMP itA’s quite clear the ship underwent a major rebuild and whilst the basic lines remained, the ship ended up being far more sexy than before.

The basic lines for this ship will stay the same, but this is going to be a refit to the same extent. The purpose being to extend the useful hull life of a ship that (by this time) is 30+ years old and falling behind in terms of the new tech Starfleet has to hand. The upper lines of the saucer, and the rim have not changed, just the undercut and lower dome (so far). A refit should improve things. Adding more internal space is a good thing me thinks. Be curious to see how folks react when they see the new nacelles. The Ambassador Class is the yard stick IA’m using this time to do things by. The new nacelles are going to have a certain Ambassador vibe to themA… And the secondary hull is going to change as well, few things are going to move about...

Starship wrote: »
    Welcome back to the front old friend!
    ItA’s always a pleasure to watch the development of your ships, not only cause your skills, but cause the background, the fundamentations, explanations and storylines you always add. ItA’s always fun and makes the project a success. :thumb:

I know what you mean about the Excelsior (as other ships) beeing (almost) always the same along the years. ItA’s like a car being always the same, no matter the year or the version.
    Cars sometimes has few modifications (like the classics Porche and Mustang, for example), but sometimes are changed entirelly, like the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla, just to name a few better known all around the world. I think, as you, the same must be applyed to a starship.

Count with me here, sitting and watching this new story going ahead. :cool: Since you already teased us... can you say a bit more about the fan-movie?
    The fan film project is called A“Star Trek: LexingtonA” - a TMP movie era series. They already have some stuff up on youtube and a new webisode on the way (which yours truly has had a small hand in writing as well, lol - but itA’s there production, the hero mesh, some shuttles and some info is the real extent of my involvement). Because of when there series is set (post Trek IV, but pre Trek V) the history of the Class was fudged a little to fit in with them, which I was ok with. Adding the Lexington to the fleet for the A“officialA” timeline I have for these ships runs different to them, but thatA’s ok. Just pleased they wanted to use the mesh - built it with all that detail. ItA’s going to shine :)

Yeah, itA’s also fun A“playingA” with these ships. Loved creating the back history for them, that info is still knocking around on here on the old thread I think. If not, I have copies of it all. You spend years working on a project like this, you end up thinking about the story behind it. And originally I had been tasked with building one of these for a fan-film project that ended up not happening, so story (in part) was already there, A‘specially for the Kamcaira, which is why I picked on it for a refit.

The Kamcaira had a long service, 60 odd years (if mem serves), primarily exploring and charting new systems, but saw some action. Off the top of my head, and if I remember from my notes correctly (away from my main machine at the moment) the Kamcaira was retired in the 2360s and ended up in StarfleetA’s orbital museum. She was briefly re-commissioned in 2375 after the Breen attacked Earth to serve as part of the planetA’s defence force, after the war was over she was returned to the museum, where she would still be.

Sadly, I have noticed a few sites have info about the NCC-2601 to NCC-2605 now. None of them have got it correct *sigh* - buggers even changed the names of the ships as well. According to one site IA’ve seen all the Ingrams (including the five of the Odysseus sub-class) were decommissioned by 2297. Bit of a bugger when you consider the USS Kamcaira wasnA’t launched until 2297 and served well into the 24th Century (and she was by no means the only one of these ships to do that). Apparently IA’m not enough of an authority, there are others that must be considered when looking at these five ships (IA’d like to know who, last I checked no one has hacked the TMM network and nabbed any of the meshes or related files. IA’m still the only person in the universe to have those five ships and the ability to do anything to them). Had this happen when I started the original WIP threadA… annoy as hell, and it annoys me when people try to correct me with the info others have made up about these ships.

But I am looking forward to getting this done - having two versions of the Kamcaira for two different eras will be cool. And itA’s going to be interesting seeing how people react to some of the changes.

More soon folks.
    - Mike Oldfield
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, I suppose the correct naval terms are not refit and rehaul but overhaul and retrofit.
    Retrofit, as per the dictionary, simply means upgrading a ships systems with the latest technology and equipment.
    Overhaul means disassembling entire parts and reassembling them according to the newer standarts with the latest technology.
    So, in essence, a refit is also a rehaul (I'll still stick to those terms in colloquial speech), but not the other way around.
    Personally, I see the TMP-Connie as a rehaul and not a refit...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    You've built almost as many Ingram models as I have TOS Enterprises. :lol:

Looking great so far. You know I enjoyed your original Ingram project, so I'm looking forward to this one. You've definitely got a nice start there. :)

Of course ships would have changed over time and that has bugged the hell out of me. But, as you said, they did what they could with the available models. Though, once the shows went CGI, they again had a chance to change this, but all of the ships of the same class in the big CGI battles on DS9 all looked the same. At least, with the NX-02 on Enterprise, they finally started showing the trend of ships of the same class not looking the same. The Columbia wasn't the same color as the Enterprise and it had a different deflector dish.
    @ Aresius - I agree, itA’s the wrong use of refit - but itA’s the term used in Trek for this sort of rebuild.

@ All - Prob the only time IA’m going to put something like this up, but just to highlight the difference between the Ingram and Excelsior Classes (and why Todd Guenther was right to rationalise the Excelsior design into the Ingram design);

iov240004s.jpg iov240005s.jpg

Some of you will have noticed the size of the Excelsior bridge module in the second render. The scale between the two ships is correct (as per the official length of the Excelsior Class that Paramount has said is correct). When I built the Ingram/Odysseus variant I built a bridge module that you could actually fit a working bridge into (I have the original project renders with the scaled bridge set and people, and used the better designed Connie refit as a ref for size and what not.

The Excelsior was not so well thought out and designed, and hence the bridge module designed for use by Smurfs.

Anyway, as I said, this was to highlight the differences between the two classes (with a Connie thrown in for scale as well) and to give those of you new to the Ingram an idea of just bloody massive these ships are. If helps to boggle your minds further; The A“OdysseusA” variant hull design is actually smaller than a proper Ingram.

More as and when folks.

PS: the scale renders? PRE-refit of the Kamcaira ;)
    - Mike Oldfield
    Well, the Excelsior also had a different bridge on it at first. (see attached) However, for some reason, they put on a more "standard" looking Trek-style bride on the model for Star Trek VI. That's probably why the bridge from that later version of the model is so badly scaled. Also, the "official" length of the ship is suspect. Bernd Schneider did an article about that:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/excelsior-size.htm

Your Ingram is probably closer to the size that the Excelsior should be.
    101970.jpg
    I know - I used that ref material when I built the mesh (have a gander at the bridge, it's the same style). And there are lots of issues with the Excelsiors scale, even with what Bernd wrote in his article the simple fact is: the ship was badly designed.
    - Mike Oldfield
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Right smallish update before the big move this weekend (hint hint, no more renders until next week folks)

iov240006s.jpg iov240007s.jpg

New shield grid layout and phaser arrays built, refined the shape of the saucer a little as well whilst I was at it. The overlaid image is with original pre-refit mesh so some details that shouldn’t be are sticking through, but it should give an idea as to orientation and the like.

More as and when folks.
    - Mike Oldfield
    That's looking great so far.
    Jayru wrote: »
    the ship was badly designed.

I wouldn't say it was badly designed. It was badly implemented. The problem (and this is all too common with Star Trek stuff) is that you're taking a six foot model and a three foot model and filming them. The three foot model is supposed to be larger than the six foot model, but it's obviously not. Or, even if the six foot model is supposed to be larger, the models are not to scale. So, some person takes them into the computer and "scales" them. Then, for another shot, somebody else scales them, but their scale doesn't match what the first person did. Then somebody else comes along and slaps a number on the ship for a book, and that becomes the "official" scale, even if it's not right. And you wind up with a FUBAR mess that's especially bad for those of us trying to actually build this stuff and have it fit to a logical scale so that we can make it as realistic as possible.

The really sad part is, this trend didn't even stop when they started doing CGI models, where you can actually scale models correctly, no matter their size.
    I stand with “badly designed.” Scale is just one issue with the designs, lol.

It’s long been known that all the movie ships were designed from just the outside (as opposed to being designed from the inside out… it will become clear what I mean, lol). Even the refit Enterprise, which had more time and energy put into its construction and design, suffers problems. The windows round the rim of the saucer are a good case - they don’t line up with supposed deck structure. In fact, very few of the external details line up properly at all with how internal decks would sit within the structure. Oh, I am well aware of the time and energy that went into the Enterprise design, and the fact that some things (like the rec deck) were well thought out and then buggered up by other people on the production.

The ship, like all others in Trek, was designed from the outside, with a rough idea of where decks should be - but if need be external detail placement was considered paramount (pun intended?) with little thought given to lining things up with actual decks.

To be honest? Most of the official ships from Trek suffer from this problem. Some are well designed (the Intrepid Class USS Voyager is probubly the most well designed and thought out), but those are exceptions to the rule of “make it look good.”

Bernd’s article on the Excelsior is well thought out, but even he acknowledges that the official length stated by Paramount is really the only one that’s workable, even with the caveat that the changed bridge design for Trek VI simply cannot be used by normal sized human beings, as well as other problems with alignment with detail. The reason for the detail change in Trek VI was to give the impression that Excelsior was massive, even though the production team had an agreed scale to work to (the Excelsior is supposed to be 1.5 times the size of the refit Enterprise) - visual was more important.

When these ships were designed they never considered that people (fans) would ask how many decks, or how they would fit within the structures and how things would line up from an internal point of view. This design credo (if it can be called such) persisted to this day with Trek and new ship designs. The Sovereign Class? Yeah, bridge for Smurfs again - and how many decks does that ship have? 24? 26? 29? And to be honest? Most people don’t really care if the designs are right and the scale of things make sense, and the people working on the models know that, so they can get away with lazy/hazy details such as not worrying about whether things actually gel together right.

Personally? I don’t consider that to be the best way to design things - BUT, we are talking about TV and film production, they don’t have years to spend on working all this out, sometimes they only have a weeks.

So is the Excelsior a well designed class of ship? No. It wasn’t designed for close scrutiny, and sorting it’s scale out won’t fix all it’s problems.

But all that’s meh, and not something I’m gonna worry about, my focus is gonna be this ship ;)
    - Mike Oldfield
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Jayru
    Its nice to see you back at it. I hope everything is going well :) Execellent work:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Nice to see you all fired up again for a new project.
    Will there be an old&new wallpaper, like the TNG scenes where the Galaxy is flying alongside an Excelsior?
    I stand with “badly designed.” Scale is just one issue with the designs, lol.

It’s long been known that all the movie ships were designed from just the outside (as opposed to being designed from the inside out… it will become clear what I mean, lol). Even the refit Enterprise, which had more time and energy put into its construction and design, suffers problems. The windows round the rim of the saucer are a good case - they don’t line up with supposed deck structure. In fact, very few of the external details line up properly at all with how internal decks would sit within the structure. Oh, I am well aware of the time and energy that went into the Enterprise design, and the fact that some things (like the rec deck) were well thought out and then buggered up by other people on the production.

The ship, like all others in Trek, was designed from the outside, with a rough idea of where decks should be - but if need be external detail placement was considered paramount (pun intended?) with little thought given to lining things up with actual decks.

To be honest? Most of the official ships from Trek suffer from this problem. Some are well designed (the Intrepid Class USS Voyager is probubly the most well designed and thought out), but those are exceptions to the rule of “make it look good.”

Bernd’s article on the Excelsior is well thought out, but even he acknowledges that the official length stated by Paramount is really the only one that’s workable, even with the caveat that the changed bridge design for Trek VI simply cannot be used by normal sized human beings, as well as other problems with alignment with detail. The reason for the detail change in Trek VI was to give the impression that Excelsior was massive, even though the production team had an agreed scale to work to (the Excelsior is supposed to be 1.5 times the size of the refit Enterprise) - visual was more important.

When these ships were designed they never considered that people (fans) would ask how many decks, or how they would fit within the structures and how things would line up from an internal point of view. This design credo (if it can be called such) persisted to this day with Trek and new ship designs. The Sovereign Class? Yeah, bridge for Smurfs again - and how many decks does that ship have? 24? 26? 29? And to be honest? Most people don’t really care if the designs are right and the scale of things make sense, and the people working on the models know that, so they can get away with lazy/hazy details such as not worrying about whether things actually gel together right.

Personally? I don’t consider that to be the best way to design things - BUT, we are talking about TV and film production, they don’t have years to spend on working all this out, sometimes they only have a weeks.

So is the Excelsior a well designed class of ship? No. It wasn’t designed for close scrutiny, and sorting it’s scale out won’t fix all it’s problems.

But all that’s meh, and not something I’m gonna worry about, my focus is gonna be this ship ;)

All true. One time, I tried lining up a deck plan with the windows of the TOS ship. After that, I stopped trying to apply logic to "canon" designs. That's why I do a lot of non-canon ships. I can fix these things without the rivet counters saying "you have those windows in the wrong spot." ;)
    Managed to sneak a little time to play with this today - redid the grid layout (didnA’t like it, and wasnA’t right for the era) and added some more detail. Not sure about the bridge, have to remind myself that this is still a A“Lost YearsA” ship, even after the refit. The yard stick is the Ambassador Class as seen on screen.

Not shown is the new window layout (TNG style windows) and the new lifepod hatches (right for the era). Those need to be cut in and sorted.

iov240008s.jpg

@ Bernard guignard - cheers mate.

@ lennier1 - itA’s an ideaA… think itA’s now established that the last of these ships was retired before any of the Galaxy Class launched, but certainly the Ambassador Class is going to be around (I believe the USS Ambassador launched 2325), so something would be possible with regards to thisA…

@ evil_genius_180 - likewise, itA’s why I keep away from the canon ships myself.

Right back to the moveA… such funA…

More as and when folks.
    - Mike Oldfield
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Which general color scheme will you be aiming for? The Greg Jein Ambassador (several different blue hues which blend together once the color correction kicks in) or the Probert/Richter CG model (mostly TNG with some hints at the movie era)?
    It's looking great so far. :)
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Which general color scheme will you be aiming for? The Greg Jein Ambassador (several different blue hues which blend together once the color correction kicks in) or the Probert/Richter CG model (mostly TNG with some hints at the movie era)?
    The on screen Ambassador is the yard stick I'm using. Would love to render her up against Richter's fab CG model of what the Ambassador should have looked like... but that not's going to happen (and I respect him to much to beg to be allowed to do it, lol). So going with the Jein colours, with the caveat that after all the hard work I put into the pearlescent effect that will still be evident ;)
    It's looking great so far. :)
    Cheers mate :)
    - Mike Oldfield
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    The Ingram was always ones of my favorite designs, it's cool to see it being 'refit' into a 24th century version.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    It deserves new life in the 24th Century. I think this is one of the most elegant ship's I've seen here, right there with the (non-ringship) Declaration class design from the STO contest in terms of fluidity.

Now this might be an odd request, but having your Ingram but turned into Excelsior with the same nacelle attachment points might be a nice departure. That would eat into the shuttlebay up top, but that secondary hull has a layered look. Having Ingram with Excelsiors forward facing neck gives you room to play around--maybe a mirror universe version.
    slybrarian wrote: »
    The Ingram was always ones of my favorite designs, it's cool to see it being 'refit' into a 24th century version.
    Cheers :thumb: it’s an interesting process.

publiusr wrote: »
    … Now this might be an odd request, but having your Ingram but turned into Excelsior with the same nacelle attachment points might be a nice departure. That would eat into the shuttlebay up top, but that secondary hull has a layered look. Having Ingram with Excelsiors forward facing neck gives you room to play around …
    No. The purpose of this is, is to upgrade the ship, whilst retaining the lines that make it an Ingram. It will still only have 23 decks, it will still have two hanger bays. There will be an arboretum. The neck will still angle back. Details will change, but the lines will remain the same - otherwise what’s the point? As you can see from the scale renders - the ship is already pretty big, I already have plenty of room to play with ;)

Quite seriously, this is the very last version of this that I will ever be doing.
    - Mike Oldfield
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member

Quite seriously, this is the very last version of this that I will ever be doing.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure of that?? :devil:
    paulbhartzog