Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNumber Four - NX Refit Occlusion Renders

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Finished Work #1
The set of Occlusion Renders made for the campaign.. hope they can be helpful for anyone..
101877.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    Again, absolutely beautiful. Really interesting to see what the model looks like without textures. You know, details that are modeled vs textured.
  • trekkitrekki951 Posts: 1,403Member
    Thank you, itA’s great.
    I love this ship
    Greetings
    trekki
    :cool:
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    great detail though i am sure texturing could improve it. as a schematic type image it is excellent. it is also well shaded to pick out the modelled details clearly but i think that from angles other than the top and bottom(which look very nice) the ship is a little bit ugly.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    great detail though i am sure texturing could improve it. as a schematic type image it is excellent. it is also well shaded to pick out the modelled details clearly but i think that from angles other than the top and bottom(which look very nice) the ship is a little bit ugly.

It may be a little bit ugly, but it is the approved design, ie: this is what the execs decided upon...and this is the studio model..
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    I personally like it.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I loveit myself.

Here is a suggestion. Place a Kelvin type flat saucer on that secondary hull and modified nacelles.
    publiusr wrote: »
    I loveit myself.

Here is a suggestion. Place a Kelvin type flat saucer on that secondary hull and modified nacelles.

The design is the studio approved design and no changes can be made ... sorry
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Yea, that's the problem Andrew Probert told me, any design changes are never at the discretion of the designer, it's at the studio's or stuff that gets winged by the FX department... for example, the Enterprise D, he wanted the bussard's color more like TOS, he hates the cherry red color they now canonically have... or the phaser coming from the torpedo bay in TNG's "Darmok" which the Okuda's said would be fixed for the remastered episode...

It's a shame really...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
    Very nice!
    This is D. Drexler design and I think it connects Enterprise to TOS S.Trek perfectly.
  • YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    So I haven't seen all your posts I guess but what do you mean the execs have approved it? What execs? Is this actually going to happen or something? Also, what exactly is the story with the ship? They return to earth and get a new ship or is this supposed to be like the motion picture where it's refitted?
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Right now it is a netflix campaign. We hope it gets enough steam and they pay for a fifth season like Arrested Development did. And it is the same ship just with a refit.
  • YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    Do they really think Paramount/CBS is going to sell rights to star trek right in the midst of their billion dollar money machine in the theaters?
    who knows, but One can hope. Trek belongs on the small screen and hopefully one day maybe it will find it back there.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yaric wrote: »
    Do they really think Paramount/CBS is going to sell rights to star trek right in the midst of their billion dollar money machine in the theaters?

CBS/Parmount doesn't have to sell them the rights. Netflix can purchase a license, which will allow them to produce the series. That's how book publishers, toy companies, game makers, etc. get their products out there. CBS/Paramount gets their cut and the rights stay with CBS/Paramount. It's a win/win scenario.
    And one that it looks like it may be working.... We have a discussion with CBS Legal tomorrow..
    very cool.
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    Well as I understand how things sit, Paramount has sole control over the movie half of the franchise, where as CBS has the series half. Without talking to Google, one is not sure Paramount has any further say in any potential TV series. I, however, am not even 95% positive on this. Been following the netflix campaign as closely as facebook permits though and love the look of the refits, though I have wondered how do shuttles get out of the ship now?
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • Ian KeldonIan Keldon0 Posts: 0Member
    ^That's what I've been wondering too.

Still, nice job!
  • RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    I'm not sure about the design yet but maybe it'll start to grow on me. Are there any plans to make some videos for the Season 5 campaign?

A little nit-pick, on the aft view the ships seems to be a little angled to the right, rather than completely centered on the axis; this is most noticeable on the nacelles.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the design yet but maybe it'll start to grow on me. Are there any plans to make some videos for the Season 5 campaign?

A little nit-pick, on the aft view the ships seems to be a little angled to the right, rather than completely centered on the axis; this is most noticeable on the nacelles.

I actually sent out a feeler to Pierre today to see if he would be willing to work on a video for it, considering I have very piss poor animation skills, I know that Rob Bonchune is very willing so I think between the three of us we con come up with something.
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    This design is a very nice connection to the constitution as the design of the NX-01 seemed odd as to how that connection was going to be made, design wise. The thread seems to follow the Akira and Steamrunner, but this proposed design, makes that connection in a clever way...well done.