Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNX Refit - Netflix Set Number 1

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Finished Work #1
This is the first of a set of 10 renders that is being done for the Netflix Campaign of the new NX Class refit designed by Doug Drexler and modeled by Pierre Drolet. If anyone's on Facebook, they can starting tomorrow see the full hi rez orthos that are being made of NX10 (slightly modified version) that I'll be putting up.

Enjoy these, they've been a lot of fun to make, and I have to publicly thank Doug Drexler for allowing me to use this mesh, and also make one copy for my own usage with my own registry and name to it :)
101844.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Sweet render. I freakin' love that background. Did you make that or is it from NASA?
  • trekkitrekki949 Posts: 1,402Member
    Good mesh, good image.
    The picture is probably a little too bright but is just my opinion.
    Please Orthos also post here. I do not like Facebook.
    Thank you
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet render. I freakin' love that background. Did you make that or is it from NASA?

It's a fragment of a bit of nebula from a piece by Ali Ries (Casperium) entitled Jen's Nebula (yes she made it for me) it's so huge that I can take 1080p slices of it and come up with about 90 different backgrounds and none will be the same. The optical flares were added after in a program called "lensflares for mac"

@Trekki: I'll see what I can do about putting the orthos up here, as for the brightness, nothing goes to the campaign page without being approved by Mr Drexler so it's how he wanted it, there were several that were darker but poof no dice.
  • RekkertRekkert4055 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,305Member
    I'm not entirely sold on the refit yet but it's starting to grow on me. As for the render I like it quite a lot, the composition is great.

Even though I don't like Enterprise, I think that a 5th season would be an amazing opportunity, particularly with the change of leadership from Paramount to CBS. If they ever make a new series this is probably their best choice, as it would appeal to both JJ fans and classic fans, being a prequel to both timelines.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sold on the refit yet but it's starting to grow on me. As for the render I like it quite a lot, the composition is great.

Even though I don't like Enterprise, I think that a 5th season would be an amazing opportunity, particularly with the change of leadership from Paramount to CBS. If they ever make a new series this is probably their best choice, as it would appeal to both JJ fans and classic fans, being a prequel to both timelines.

Honestly, until i got to see the refit up close and personal, I wasn't 100% sold on her either, but as i've been able to work with it, it makes sense in a lot of ways. The only problem I have with it is the shuttlebay, other than that, it's a perfect lineage.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Looks great! Thank you for sharing!
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I love it. Did you guys ever consider putting a metal spine down the center of the front of the nacelle domes to ground the spires? Sort of how the JJPrise as a line down the center that connects to the middle.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    VK08 wrote: »
    It's a fragment of a bit of nebula from a piece by Ali Ries (Casperium) entitled Jen's Nebula (yes she made it for me) it's so huge that I can take 1080p slices of it and come up with about 90 different backgrounds and none will be the same. The optical flares were added after in a program called "lensflares for mac"

Sweet. She did a great job when she made that and the lens flares really add some extra pop to it. I also love the way the nebula's colors play across the Enterprise's hull. Nicely done.
    gerb200 wrote: »
    I love it. Did you guys ever consider putting a metal spine down the center of the front of the nacelle domes to ground the spires? Sort of how the JJPrise as a line down the center that connects to the middle.

Every aspect of this ship had to go through the approval process, even my changes I'm making before they can be shown will have to, so no there will be no metal spine on the bussards.. I have to admit it's infuriating sometimes to have to wait to see if something you wanna do will be ok...
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    VK08 wrote: »
    Every aspect of this ship had to go through the approval process, even my changes I'm making before they can be shown will have to, so no there will be no metal spine on the bussards.. I have to admit it's infuriating sometimes to have to wait to see if something you wanna do will be ok...

I can definitely understand that. Beautiful model and composition, nonetheless!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    That is the best version.