Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationViper vs Raider #2 (extended version)

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Finished Work #1
Well, the first left me wanting to see more. so here is more of Viper vs Raider.

I been as a hobby and interest, doing gfx stuff for 3 years, as an old guy.
Hopefully I have improved ...

I made this just for something to do, since MY real Gfx card is defective and awaiting a replacement.

One thing, I added some atmosphere to this but it did not render out. Should be a bluish haze
in most clips.Limits to a basic GFx card I guess.

All in fun and learning and doing.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Randal R.
101676.jpg
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    very good and quite awesome. nice camera shake effect but the still the same problems of no flames in the viper's engines and that the raider is of the old type(i dare you to make 1 video with the new to see if you like it). it would have been nice to have a few more shots with that large ship in the background rather than just a view of it's tail(i guess it was colonial battlestar however). all in all very good and nice explosions at certain points, perhaps increase the glare at these moments?
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    -The battlestar was a good touch, especially taking out the engine. That could be incorporated as part of an episode or game. -I'm not keen on shakey CAM but it was tastefully done here.
    -Like the RCS fire as in the last version of the video (more realistic)
    -Explosions were nice
    -the editing or cinematography was well done.

-I would add only that it would have been nice to see some scenes from the perspective of the raider getting shot by the Viper and the gunfire coming from some point in the background, sparks flying and explosions right in your face. I think this is fantastic and a very good job all around.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the comments on these vids.
    I do not have a newer version of the cylon model. I will have to try and get one and see
    what it is like to light up.

All my previous made explosions are un-usable or gone and would have required from scratch again.
    So I toned down to just smoke and a light to create the effect.

Appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Randal R.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    RandalR wrote: »
    I do not have a newer version of the cylon model. I will have to try and get one and see
    what it is like to light up.

i know an excellent one in sketchup format on the 3d warehouse

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=c17432794b669046339bd6b570381585&prevstart=0

if you cannot convert it to obj, i can that way it should be able to import into your program, which program is it you use?
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks,will look into it.

Have not got my 3ds installed again since new comp.

I originally used a skp model of a launch tube to recreate the upload I posted here. It turned out great, so why not.
    I have seen a few but they seem to have been removed.

Appreciate your posts all.

Regards,

Randal R.