Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DStarside images

[Deleted User][Deleted User]331 Posts: 0
edited November 2013 in Finished Work #1
This is some finished artwork in direct relation to my novel Starside - Future.Family.Fear. I'd like some constructive criticism for the image. I hope you like it, there will be more to come.

AugMF_01C.jpg
101328.jpg
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
Tagged:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]331 Posts: 0
    A new week, a new image, same character. Didn't have as much time this week so she's a hand-drawn, digitally painted lady with some evolution to her cybernetic body. Any constructive criticism would be welcome.

Coming_Through_02.jpg
    101397.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    there are some nice elements such as the star in the background and the plating on her armour. unfortunately she is clearly a drawing rather than a real human so try improving the image of her face and make it more realistic n lighting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]331 Posts: 0
    Thanks Spacefighter, I think my lighting and anatomy need some refresher sketching, it's been a while since I tried to do anything serious, clearly it's currently beyond me! Time to study-up I think. Thanks for the feedback.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    I too like your background and the armoured suit the character is wearing. However in the first picture the face and actually the proportions of the head , ears, eyes, etc do need work. In the second pic the look is far more pleasing while looking more like something you would find in a good anime minus the horribly out-sized eyes those usually have. :thumb:
  • Revamp of the Starside website and art assets has given me a new wallpaper for you to view -

s2NlsfI.jpg

I also added 17,000 words and three characters to the novel along with heavy editing of the original 119,000 words a taster of which can be found on this very site -

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?80107-Starside-Future-Family-Fear-Novel-opening&p=580303#post580303

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice render there, could perhaps do with a bit more randomness and loop shapes to the flares.
  • This is true, I did try and path the particles into loops but they never seemed to work quite as well as I'd hope, in terms of looking as good as I wanted. I'll keep working on it of course, see if I can improve it some more. Thanks for the feedback.
  • There's a new character on the Starside website, any constructive criticism would be helpful.

pWAUgUB.jpg
  • Character WIP based on the previous sketch, she'll be finished tomorrow.

Wmix3UR.jpg
  • Character painting complete... goodnight!

lsygdGN.jpg
  • A new character sketch, WIP painting will be up tonight.

n4yhm5m.jpg