Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNX-13 U.S.S. ?????

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9797 Posts: 5,324Member
edited May 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Well, this one started as a NX reboot then I thought who needs another of those so I decided it will be a NX-13 name who knows. Likely this would go into service as a early Fed ship vs one put into service from prior use. Either way all conjecture at this point and just a for fun project.

See next post for images.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102714&d=1363249856

attachment.php?attachmentid=102736&d=1363331593
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.
Tagged:

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9797 Posts: 5,324Member
    Current WIP images.
  • nukenuke171 Posts: 0Member
    I love this design
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    USS Lady Luck, NX-13
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks cool! But to be honest, it looks more 24th century than 22nd. Almost like a 24th century designer's homage to the first E.
    Wasted the evening over detailing the impulse drives. In the end I dunno. Guess I got some cool drives with no ship for them to go with for now. ffff. Bugs me they looked alright as simple objects. NEXT
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    How about calling her the constitution?
    Well here we go dual pairs. Need to clean up and rethink the clutter near the strut bases. Idea was to have conduit crud there like how the tos connie had it exposed, but it is looking like a bit too messy.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work, I like that idea.
    Working up the bridge dome. A bit plain. I really need to work on getting that high spec metallic finish with that completely matte look. Or I could just feh at those older shaders and do my own idea of the hull. I think atm I have way too much gloss. Remember these are mental ray mats and specular does not exist for them. Just gloss and reflection.

I think in the end I will have to make 3 or 4 materials and apply them by hand or use masks and mat ids to apply them to the hull vs a bitmap to get that ENT look to the paneling. NOW KIM I wont follow ENT design fully this is my own verse and will follow the lineage I have set with my older ships the lethe and the re re connie. So yes, there will be things not the same and generally a lot of tos influence.
    Some of the largest windows on ship. Well maybe except the obs ports for the shuttle pad bay or whatever it will become. Struggled with if I should add these or not but felt screw it.
    That turbo lift but is still temp in it's location I have not decide if I want to intersect specific areas of the hull or not and well layout of the bridge and other internal features will alter it's final position most of all. I am envisioning this bridge to be a bit opposite of the original NX one. Where outer crew sit in a recessed ring around the captains chair. VS the elevated ro same level ring. So that the capt nav and pilot are above other stations. Not by much but I feel it will give that sub feel that I think should exist in this era design. anything 2160 I would also expect to not have grav plates but I guess it would be shared Vulcan tech.

Dunno wtf I am doing on the bottom.
    Nice work on the bridge. I like the strut-like lower area.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Not so sure about those Observation Lounge windows - that was only a feature that came in from TMP onwards. How about something like a rear docking bay or some kind of stellar observation deck instead?
    Stuff from last night.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    looking at it, with it's oversized nacelles and the big engines in the catamaran's, I have to disagree with the claim that it's a 24th century take on the NX01, I think it's closer to a JJ-remake of the NX.

Looks good so far anyway, keep it up.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    More shuttle pad/bay details. Added in some markings some of which are a bit not of the era. I might be replacing the dual L things that show access.

I added windows to that round thing but after looking at some of the images I am wondering of it is not just glowy bits and sensor parts vs a observation port. The NX-01 has one upside down on the lower part of the ship and unless they have inverted grave decks and such it wouldn't be the easiest to access, if it was a observation dome. I will have to check some schematics out later on to find out. (it is called out as a observation deck on one set of plans that I think are official. But lacks a call out on the lower dome.)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Interesting design... like a beefed-up NX on steroids. I think I like this better than the real NX, because of the size of all the engines... it helps sell the fact that this is an older ship from when warp drive was still fairly new.
    Still fooling about with that bottom area of the ship. KIM the shuttles are as wide as the nx pods are long. I have not found one to use as a sample of yet. Might just knock together a ugly dummy for use in size.

I began thinking about timeframes and the like and it dawns on me this ship would be romulan war period. (thinking it would be 5~10yr post the original series.) Also that the NX was not prototype but the class of ship in ENT and there was only 4 on the plans. So I might have to rename this or move on to the NCC class. Again more homework to check up on.
    A couple of plot devices and some stuff on the bottom.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I really like those green plasma tubes going below the shuttlebay, it makes the ship looks less advanced to have all this unshielded parts.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Gives the baddies something to shoot at.

Update: Struts that follow the doodle. And early work on the nacelles.
    what are those green shiners on the pylons? Plasma exhaust?
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    I like this. Neat ship concept.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    for a federation ship that is quite nice, i like the blocks extending from the rear of the saucer and the way it is quite flat in shape.
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    excellent like always
    Misc crap and 2 versions of the deflector. First one was cut a bit to wide so I did the second quite a bit smaller. Still futzing with the materials etc.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    USS Pacific? I was thinking of Shuttle names, given the NX line, but we only had what, three? Enterprise, Atlantis, Columbia? So Pacific as an opposite for Atlantis/Atlantic.
    Some more updates to things.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    USS Pacific? I was thinking of Shuttle names, given the NX line, but we only had what, three? Enterprise, Atlantis, Columbia? So Pacific as an opposite for Atlantis/Atlantic.

Don't forget the Discovery which exploded during liftoff back in 1985.

Al
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    This is a very cool take on the next generation ships after the NX (if you're still going that route since you mentioned it earlier). It amazes me how you can flesh in details so quickly. That's definitely a quality I wish I had time to develop.

I think, personally, that the first idea you had for the deflectors was better, but then again I'm a fan of odd numbered things. The blue color of the impulse exhaust fits the era better than the orange color you had. Also, the greebles on the pylons are a nice touch, especially what appear to be the plasma bits.

If you want to stay with NX registries or, heck, even create an intermediary step like NZ :p you could go with something like first run names for the original Constitution-class ships: NX-13 Lexington, NX-14 Constellation, NX-15 Exeter, et cetera. Just some food for thought. :)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Don't forget the Discovery which exploded during liftoff back in 1985.

Al

That was Challenger in 1986 and Columbia burned up on re-entry in 2003. I remember both vividly as I watched Challenger live when I was in elementary school and literally drove past cordoned off pieces of Columbia on I-20 and I-30 the morning it happened. :(