Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!
This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Photoshop Noise Filter Issues

Heya folks... I get no help when contacting Adobe directly, so I thought I'd post here since I know you guys are awesome, and I'd bet someone here can help...

I created a star field in Photoshop 6 (Wine/Linux, currently, but same thing happens in Windows with same program install) about 3 weeks ago to use as a background for my starship in the 3D WIPs forum threads. Everything from the noise filter, the brightness & contrast, etc. worked perfectly. The image I made was about 1000px by 600px and I wanted to make a bigger background for the final product (not that my ship is that far, just wanted to make things bigger).

ANYWAYS, the point is that when I use my noise filter now, and jump into the brightness & contrast, it doesn't do anything but add more noise, even though I have the "preview" checked and it looks the way I want it until clicking "okay". I would like to know if this is a common problem with photoshop and what I can do to get my noise/b&c working the way they should again...

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions...

CMills
Tagged: