Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

hardware/software annoying problem

L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2013 in General Discussion #1
hi.

we had a hadware/geek site section once. not sure where it has gone...

well, here's my case :

i had a win7 pretty old, hard to boot, a bit buggy inside, seriously heavy.
i made a nice and clean format, then reinstalled it new.
since, i've experienced a seriously annoying problem.
every 20min0sec of no mouse activity on the left (primary) screen, it goes black, and shut the sound.
if it was a movie or music, it pauses it. but, it the aplication is runing on the right screen, it still goes, execpt there's no sound output.

i tried off my ram, updates and downdated all of my drivers. nothing. that weird thing continues.
of course, it stops my renders too.
and no, its not the screensaver or the power management.

my bios is same as before. i rarely touch stuff in there. i'd like to think of a hardware bug, but how comes that its every 20min on the stopwatch ?
i reviewed every win component i thought of, nothing indicates me 20 min.

anyone can help ?

if any help, thats an i7 950 bloomfield, on an asus p6x58 premium motherboard, and a geforce 460.
Post edited by L2K on

• GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Huh. That's a weird one. Since it's so regular, first guess would be some sort of a power saving going to sleep thingy. Could be OS, MoBo (check BIOS), the screen (shouldn't affect running processes though) and so on... A couple of suggestions:

1. Check event log for clues.
    2. Disable hibernation/sleep completely. Never seen those specific symptoms, but I heard hibernation can be especially difficult.
    3. Check temperatures.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    its been 2 weeks now.

i finaly got it. that was a tricky one.
    it was no win power setting. but it was still a power setting. it came from an asus tool. i was used to the old version. the updated version has a power managing option hidden in a menu. activated by default.
    i found it.