Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIncom Corporation's T-65 X-Wing Fighter

1235»

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Amazing work. I love the detail you're putting into this. I can understand your passion for aircraft and how they work. I'm the same way although I'm just a weapons loader, but I'm a detail freak and love to see work like this. :thumb:

I had a similar setup for landing gear on a Trek ship that's been an ongoing project. I think I like yours better. :)
  • HyqsHyqs0 Posts: 0Member
    jrhottel wrote: »
    Wow I really like this! Can you elaborate on how you're using Inventor in your pipeline? What Advantages do you derive from using Inventor and how do you envision using it going forward?

I use Inventor in conjunction with AutoCAD. I draft most things out in 2D using photos. From there I decide what parts to create and form an assemble. I then list the parts in a spreadsheet before I create them. In case youA’re not familiar with Inventor, itA’s a prototyping program. It keeps each part in a separate A“partA” file. Parts are then loaded and A“assembled.A” The assemble files can be loaded into other assemble files, building a hierarchy of the model. Each file holds the instructions for creating or assembling the object in its file. When one file is loaded into another, only the object information goes, not any instruction code. This object information can be optimized and reduced in size. In the end the model can be optimized and exported to 3dsmax. The only real drawback IA’ve found is that you must make sure your size relationships are correct at the beginning. There is no way to globally resize an assemble. That is one of the reasons I draft everything out first. IA’m sure other solid modelling programs work in a similar manner, but this is the only one IA’ve used. If youA’re looking to model realism and detail I recommend it. On the other hand, modeling extreme detail is a time consuming endeavor. This project turned out to be a sort of engineering, reverse engineering thing.

P.S. I have images of most of the assembles on my site.
    http://www.incomcorp.net/development.html
  • jrhotteljrhottel9 Posts: 0Member
    I mean to give Inventor a try, more with and eye to product prototyping, 3d printing and maybe even homemade CNC. With Respect 3d-modeling though I'm curious if it adds much to modeling time and what advantages you find in using it instead of say modeling only in Max.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Inventor is intuitive. It uses the designn tree method to allow you to change your design even after you finished. The model is convertible to Max.
    I work with it every day but havnt gone into this kind of detail with lofting.
    Back to working on the R2 unit.
    106050.png
    Been real busy. Haven't had time to model in awhile.