Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLambda-class T-4a shuttle

2»

• DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz doing modelling again? :o

Nice start old chap. I look forward to heckling from sidelines.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Haha, just when I thought it was safe to come back to Scifi meshes ;) (and thanks Evil, more updates tonight hopefully :)).
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Safe ? ... Never safe .... You never left Wiz ... It's just the drug they've been feeding you here at the Asylum .... and good to see a fellow patient being creative in 3D again, .... Much better than those wicker baskets you've been shelling out in the corner of your room, with that blank expression on ya face ....

Keep going !, .. They may give you a day pass to wander in the garden for an hour ... :argh:

Jas
    A day pass you say,... wow something to strive for; although not sure I am ready, yes, not ready, ooh look pretty clouds...
    Pass me my basket...
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    you'll be juuust fine, just please dont hand that man your exacto knife, i know you're the only one who can see him, but trust me he's NOT on your side...
    lol, too late, he said if I gave him my knife he would make me a woman...
    Talk him out of it Wiz, .. that can get messy ... I've put a good word in for you with Ethel from room 64, to take care of all your needs ...

ethel4wiz.jpg
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    oh my ... LOL
    :lol: now that is one hot chick... I feel like i need to post an update now (so many posts with no new shots ;)). OK will crack on tonight and have something new to show (unless Ethel from 64 turns up ;)).
    Its a bit of a cheap update, but I promised I would, so here it is, more work on the bottom details :D
    99685.jpg
    Ethel said to keep the booty calls hush hush between you and her, as she don't want all the men folk queuing outside her door ....

Personally I would forget about the hack version from the Special Editions ... and just stick with the JEDI '83 large physical model, .. Plus ignore the Live Set mock-ups, and Matte Paintings, they don't match ... stay with the Large version as much as you can, ... there's enough Info for that model to not be distracted with the other variations ...

If you're using those blueprints, ... Only use them to rough the model out, ... then correct the errors using photo refs before starting on the surface details ...

Pic below highlights the errors of sticking with those blueprints, showing some comparison feedback for your Dorsal Fin ...

Jas

Click on Link to view Full Size

heightcheckedit.jpg Full Size
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    There are no "cheap" updates. Any update is a good update. ;) The details are looking great.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Cool, have to agree with Binkerman's findings there. Additionally it looks like the trailing edge of the wing could do with moving forward a touch so it is closer to that rear joint cylindrical thing (proper technical jargon that).

:p

The whole thing probably just needs moving forward come to think of it, looking at it, as it also looks like you need a touch more room at the front for the area where that rotating blaster mount blister needs to go.

Looking good, and not at all cheap. Well at least not as cheap as I'd expect a booty call from that Ethel would be.

:argh:
    Shhh, its great feedback, excellent in fact, but please be quiet or you will wake Ethel; she's not a morning person, or a daytime person, or a night person for that matter... Will take another look at that dorsal fin :) (No not yours Ethel, go back to sleep).
    Well its been a while, but here is a little update, continuing to work on fleshing out the details on the bottom bit thingy...

Not much, but you take what you can get when you have 2 little terrors (my boys) determined to monopolize your time :)

I am going to "try" to get the bottom details all done for the end of the week, then onto the side wings, and then its the cockpit <shudders>... ;)

Cheers,

Wiz.
    100339.jpg100340.jpg
  • darknikosdarknikos0 Posts: 0Member
    any updates?

i worked hard on my own tydirium model and I would like to see another approach of this ship :)
    hey matey, sorry nothing recently as I have been busy on another environment (for the same film).

But should have this other bit done soon and then back to the shuttle :)
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    Although since starting this we have had a fantastic version of the shuttle supplied to us; ...

Been having difficulty with accessing this site for the last few weeks. Didn't/don't we have a file download area? I don't find one.

That said - where may I find a copy of said 'fantastic version'?

Thnx (and yes I took my omega3 today).
    Elowan wrote: »
    Been having difficulty with accessing this site for the last few weeks. Didn't/don't we have a file download area? I don't find one.

That said - where may I find a copy of said 'fantastic version'?

Thnx (and yes I took my omega3 today).

Sorry it was provided privately, and is not a public model I am afraid, and the said fantastic version is ChrisGFX's awesome job! :)
    So - how do I contact the original author?
    So - how do I contact the original author?

this is the shuttle you are looking for:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?78972-ChrisGFX-3D-Star-Wars-Stuff&p=582535&viewfull=1#post582535

-Chris :)
    Ah so. TYVM.
    Ah so. TYVM.

I'm sorry this is a private release.

What do you want to do with it. Would it be part in a Fan Project?

You can PM me anytime.

Chris