Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUnited Earth Fleet

BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
edited August 2017 in Work in Progress #1
I am guessing that the admins did a wipe of the system because I cannot find my original thread; therefore, IA’ll start anew.

For those longtime members, you may remember this ship, for newer members, I hope you enjoy where this is going.

Originally started as a test bed for materials and textures, I started with this design.

USSNAVAJRON1.jpg

Yes, itA’s a flying Aztec pyramid with a ton of guns, different but just too weird. So, I changed my mind. Inspired by something I saw somewhere on the net, I came up with this ship, the U.E.S. NAVARONE.

UESNAVARONE13.jpg

UESNAVARONE14.jpg

Again, this is a gunship or more precisely a battlecruiser; therefore, it must have guns, right?

UESNAVARONE16.jpg

Of course, one must be able to communicate with headquarters.

UESNAVARONE11.jpg

All this was where I ended this project a few years ago; however, a few days ago, I was cleaning up some old files and ran across this ship. The more I looked at it, the more I realized there was somewhere else I could go with this design. Why stop at just a battlecruiser, why not create a fleet of ships, or at least one of each design, such as a carrier, a dreadnaught, etc.

Thus, I am creating this thread based on that idea, to create several ships based on the same platform, using the same basic components, but each ship would be different in some way to give it its own uniqueness while still fitting in with the rest. With this in mind, I began construction of a carrier and a few fighters; hereA’s the result.

UESNAVARONE31.jpg

UESNAVARONE28.jpg

UESNAVARONE29.jpg

UESNAVARONE30.jpg

UESNAVARONE26.jpg

IA’ll post more as I complete each ship. By the way, the carrier is called the U.E.S. ODYSSEY.
99271.jpg
Post edited by BoogerMc on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I think threads over a certain age are automatically "pruned," but I could be wrong about that.

Nice work on everything so far. I especially like the Navarone.
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Thanks evil, been a while since I've been in here, life has a way of getting in the way of having fun.
    Unfortunately, life tends to do that. :rolleyes:
    Had some time today to work on another ship, this is the U.E.S. OBERON, it is a destroyer class. It's small, quick, and heavily armed. Four long-range capital guns, a few dozen medium-range guns, and several in-close gatling styled guns. All these would be energy based, such as plasma or something like that. It does not have missles, but I'm considering something like a torpedo styled quick attack ship next. Anyway, enjoy.

UESNAVARONE32.jpg

UESNAVARONE33.jpg

UESNAVARONE34.jpg

UESNAVARONE35.jpg
    Neat stuff. With all of those side guns it's fun to imagine ships like the Oberon doing those broad side attacks that the seagoing ships used to do. :)
    Yeah, that's kind of how I'm picturing things. Instead of normal straight on battles, it would be like the old sailing ships and such. I figure the designs would facilitate from modern day naval vessles. It's a bit of a departure from much of standard sci-fi ideology. I should have more within a few days, if not sooner.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Imagine the Navarone doing a broadside... Every enemy staring at tat would pretty much see a big load of coloured particles and projectiles coming at them....

Amazing work and welcome back.
    Thank you, and yes, I think they'd think twice about it. The real question is, who would the enemy be and what would their vessles look like?
    Latest update, the new ship is called the U.E.S. TALARIA. It is a fast attack ship akin to a torpedo boat, heavily armed with missles and in close guns.

UESNAVARONE36.jpg

UESNAVARONE37.jpg

UESNAVARONE38.jpg

UESNAVARONE39.jpg

UESNAVARONE40.jpg

UESNAVARONE41.jpg

I also "snapped" a few pics of a few fighter squadrons.

UESNAVARONE43.jpg

UESNAVARONE44.jpg

Then I tried a new background to let the ships stand out better.

UESNAVARONE45.jpg

UESNAVARONE46.jpg

Enjoy.
    Nice work...

Well, looking at your ships, there are 2 general ideas I get.
    Either, the enemy is emploing a great number of small vessels, requiring an Area of Saturation fire.
    Or the enem is using very big ships where you can't miss and the more guns fire, the faster a big beast goes down.
    Using the battlecruiser as an example, the big guns on the top and bottom are long-range guns (I wound up adding two more to the top and bottom), the emplacements on the side are mirror images from top to bottom starting with medium-range guns, short-range/in-close guns, and then missle pods. Ideally, you start firing as far away as possible, but whatever gets close enough, such as small fighter craft, has to face the medium and short range guns. The missles are universally applicable, so to speak. As evil suggested, I picture the space battles being similar to the old sailing ships or WWII naval battles.

I started working on a shuttlecraft last night, may have pictures soon as it will not be very intricately detailed like these ships.

Since we're on the subject, I've been trying to figure out what other ship types would fit "my universe," any ideas. Keep in mind the basis of these ships, ancient to modern day naval ships.
    My shuttle design. I think I'll adpat this to become a troop carrier, what do you guys think?

UESNAVARONE47.jpg

UESNAVARONE48.jpg

UESNAVARONE49.jpg
    Yeah, it definitely has that "troop carrier" look to it. :D
    Played with it a little tonight, think I got the troop transport figured out, but it might be a few days or so before I post anything else. School, work, and my company are getting in the way of having fun again. Oh, well, enjoy.

UESNAVARONE50.jpg

UESNAVARONE51.jpg

UESNAVARONE52.jpg

UESNAVARONE53.jpg

UESNAVARONE54.jpg
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208331 Posts: 0Member
    These look very fun! You know I almost get a feel of Legend of Galactic Heroes from these ships.

Point of Suggestion; Perhaps keep the shuttle unarmed? Or maybe two variants, where one is unarmed and another is converted for gunship duty?

As for other ships you've

Battlecruiser, Frigate, Corvette, Light Corvette, Cutter, Gunship, Medical Ship, Transport, Hauler, Tanker, Tug, Stealth Ship (Space Sub), Dreadnought

Keep up the good work!
    Nice work...

Well, let's see what old age navies had (besides the already mentioned). Fire-ships (sometimes called Torch-ship), Carracks, Galleys, Galleon, Galleass, Man-of-War, Mineunters/-sweepers/-layers, Monitor, Sloop, Cruiser.
    alonzo, didn't you see the stealth ship in all those pictures, I know I put her there. Oh, right she's under cloak. LOL! :D
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208331 Posts: 0Member
    BoogerMc wrote: »
    alonzo, didn't you see the stealth ship in all those pictures, I know I put her there. Oh, right she's under cloak. LOL! :D

Oh feck.....how many closets did they have to raid and nannies to conscript to make a cloak that big? :P
    Look for the shimmer.
    Had some time over the past few weeks to work on this some more, decided to build a mine layer. Unfortunately, the file is getting to big for my system to keep up, so until I can transfer to a new file and start on other ships (not even sure what else to do, any suggestions), this will be it for a while. Enjoy otherwise.

UESNAVARONE55_zpse301228e.jpg

UESNAVARONE56_zps596f1347.jpg

UESNAVARONE57_zps7e8d82bb.jpg

UESNAVARONE58_zpsf61f7d3c.jpg

UESNAVARONE59_zpse66cc812.jpg

UESNAVARONE60_zps89721bf0.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    I don't want this to come off as a back-handed compliment because it's NOT, but the sort of old school low-rezzy nature of this is taking me back to my childhood in a great way, it's hitting that childish part of my imagination and my mind is being urged to fill in the details. So I like 'em.
    Thank you, I'll take it as it is intended.
    Photobucket has stopped allowing third party sharing unless you're willing to pay $400/year. So, no more Photobucket account and no pictures until I get time to address the issue.