Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Author in search of your designs...

saf0775saf07750 Posts: 0Member
Good day!

Long time fan of this site, first time poster. I've been working with Lightwave for years, but I don't have the time to make all of the models I need. I'm not asking for anyone to make or provide models to me (unless you want to, of course).

What I DO need:

I'm writing a sci-fi novel that will be published next year. I'm currently nearing the end as I type this. I need some of the designs or renders you may have laying arround your hard drive. In short, I need a visual representation of something I will be describing in words. I could google it... but there's no fun in that. Why not submit your own design to me and I can give you full credit for them? Again, I don't need your model(s)... just a nice render of at least 640x480. What could be easier than that?!

Types of craft I need:

The following list of craft SHOULD be able to fit inside a 2,000 to 2,500 foot long Space-type aircraft carrier.

Fighters (purely space). I need at least 4 different types for the book.
Fighters (VTOL, or implied atmosperic type)
Logistics craft (military grade cargo ships - light, medium, heavy)
Ground attack (hover tanks, trucks, etc.)
Construction equipment (dump trucks, loaders, haulers, etc.)

Capitol ships:

Destroyers
Cruisers
Okay... so anything you have.

Keep in mind that this is an Earth-based story set about 250-300 yeaars from now, but I'll need enemy ships of the same configurations as above. I'll take subtle or crazy designs. Whatever you're willing to part with or let me borrow. The higher the image or render quality, the better. I'll even post it to my website with full credit and link it to any URL you want... and of course I will let you know that I chose your design and what I chose it for (good guys, bad guys, fodder, etc.) I'm averaging about 300 new hits to my site per month.

The cut off date for submissions is Jan 01, 2013. After that time I need to submit the book to my editor, and it won't leave much time for major changes to the manuscript.

Thanks for your time!
Stephen

You can send your designs to [email protected]