Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationSpace battle animation,frigate with fighter support versus fighter squadron

spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Finished Work #1
After the failure of the international anti terror task force to find the sagittarius dwarf galaxy freedom group's base a black widow class frigate is sent to patrol the galactic centre in case the elusive terrorist group strike again. The ship leaves hyperspace accompanied by an admiral peck class fighter, piloted by the frigate's captain, and within minutes they come under fire from assassin class fighters. When they have nearly managed to repel this assault they are attacked again from behind, by unknown fighters. After a vicious battle the last fighter escapes into hyperspace and, although the admiral peck class entered hyperspace shortly afterwards and searched eleven major star systems, the fighter was never found...

another short film made with blender. hope you like it.
Post edited by spacefighter on
Tagged:

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    you need various shots of your ships doing various actions.
    a 2minutes action shot doesnt work well.
    the cam rotating continuously gave me headache.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    just remember that in a real space battle, if such things ever occur, frames of reference would be hard to find so the chances are you would be disorientated and constantly turning. i know that laser beams are not visible in space and that space craft don't have wings(but my fighter is atmosphere capable anyway so it would) but i try and keep the physics similar to reality. i personally think that films and tv shows could be more exciting if they had these sort of long effects shots and also i have yet to work out how to use blender to add to and takeaway from real video so have so far just made a few pure cgi sequences.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    The problem is that there are many points of reference in the video; namely the star field in the background. If this were in the pitch black of space with no visible stars your argument would hold water, but...

The constant camera rotation is both disorienting and irritating at the same time. You can never get any type of fix on where you're suppose to be in relation to the battle and that severely detracts from the experience. Something else to consider would be the movement of the craft. The abruptness of many of the maneuvers is unrealistic and would destroy any organic being within. Also, a battle such as this probably won't be fought with the enemy 3m from your tail. Some distance needs to be added because that would never happen, even in a real world dog fight.