Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSPECIES 8472 BioCarrier : Max9

DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
I started this baby cos I needed a mega-ship for my fleet scene (see finished artwork gallery) and it turned out kinda ok (for a quick-zap, single-shape mesh).
So I reckon i'll ad bits more detail here and there, and see how it turns out!
PS - She's HOOOOGE! :devil:
97978.jpg
Post edited by Devilman on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    A Monster!
  • DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
    Did summore work on her today, its coming along nicely.. :)
    97997.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4136 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,315Member
    That thing is a monster indeed, but at least it's a good looking one!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW!!

Thats about all I can say. I can't remember the last time I seen 8472 models of any kind. Looks great.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    That mottled look would also look nice with the Vong...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it. It's definitely very organic looking, as it should be, and it fits well with the other 8472 ships. I like it a hell of a lot better than the 8472 (Undine) dreadnought from Star Trek Online. ;)
    Cheers, and bear in mind she's not intended to be a 'super-detailed, see-the-veins' quality model, since due to her size you wouldnt go in super-close that often, but for an average-distance render, yeah, its hookin! ;)

and EG-gy, Ta for that- I didnt even know there was any other 8472 ships out there, just googled the 8472 dreadnaught... I think the Vorlons 'gonna sue somebody! :devil:
    Thinking about it, there would be no need for our 'real-space' warp drives on the bioships, as they exist in fluidic space where the laws of physics are probably a little different.
    So I reckon that when they decided to purge our galaxy, they would have had to refit their ships with real-space propulsion tech..(?) Ya reckon?
    98070.jpg
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    I dunno about "refit", more like "regrow". Personally, when I first saw this monster, I thought the warp engines were housed in those three rear wings.

Btw, nice to see one of the "old guard" return. Loved your site, even saved many of those renders. :)
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    Devilman. Dare I ask. Does this ship have the planet destructive power of the cruiser by any chance?? I mean it looks like it has the same firing "disc" at the front as its much small cousin.

Oh and I don't think 8472 ships have many problems. I mean they can survive in a vacuum (although its not know how long for) so I reckon you could easily say they wouldnt rely on the same propulsion system as standard trek based ships. Still. it adds a nice bit of personalised flair to your model.
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    Come to think of it, we did see a small bioship chase a Borg cube that was tractoring Voyager at warp speeds. Those didn't have any visible nacelles tacked on, so I'd say just lose 'em. They break up the lines too much, anyway. (In my opinion, of course. If you don't agree just disregard.)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Devilman wrote: »
    and EG-gy, Ta for that- I didnt even know there was any other 8472 ships out there, just googled the 8472 dreadnaught... I think the Vorlons 'gonna sue somebody! :devil:

Yeah, they're in STO, but most of their ships all look essentially like the small ships from Voyager. I like yours because it's clearly the same biotechnology but a new design.