Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationFire in Space (test)

Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Funny thing is, I began today knowing I was going to continue to try and work on some flames,
and all day I keep thinking of a post I read once where a person argued that there is no fire in
space due to no oxygen,,,,

well, what is that thing called our Sun?

Some test shots - Clip from battlestar vs Battlestar.

tried a lil bit of film effects, no clue there... but, just wanted to see if any one
may have some input or imput on this.

thnx for taking a gander

RRR
97851.jpg
Post edited by Randal R on

• ZeropointZeropoint0 Posts: 0Member
    Funny thing is, I began today knowing I was going to continue to try and work on some flames,
    and all day I keep thinking of a post I read once where a person argued that there is no fire in
    space due to no oxygen,,,,

well, what is that thing called our Sun?

Uh, the Sun, being a star, shines by the power of hydrogen fusion, a nuclear reaction. No oxygen is involved. "Fire" as it is commonly known is a chemical reaction and definitely DOES require an oxygen atmosphere.
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    OMG,,, I cannot believe the replies..... I have gotten on just 2 postings.

Thank you all for putting in some 2 cents, but I thought this debate has been over for years....

I just added that for entertainment value, though true,

I cannot believe what I have gotten back, it seeems this debate is still in debate LOL

Bottom line is, Yes, there is fire in space. However created, but it does exist...

Thnks and

Regards,,

RRR
    oh and on the wind subject, it is a reg emitter and a Tp surface emitter, and the Reg emitter has its own wind,,, so, its not in tune,,

Good eye..
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208331 Posts: 0Member
    This is good stuff.

As for fire in space, its like the whole sound in pace debate. It all thrives on technicalities. For example, TECHNICALLY there could be fire in space if there is a supply of oxygen. The only issues are: 1.) the oxygen supply can deplete/expand quite quickly if its some sealed area, etc 2.) there won't be much fire, as it is extreme smoke, which really won''t trail that much. Same applies to explosions, they really won't be as powerful as they are on Earth maybe 1/4th the power I assume. In any event, if the explosion/fire is sustained/combusted by something other than oxygen than it may increase.

EDIT: And explosions probably may be more IMplosions. But to each is there own I guess.
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice!
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i'd do longer, brighter and quicker flames, and get rid of the smoke.
    because of the lack of pressure, smoke would dissipate pretty instantly.